Neighbors.whitepages.com

That's my bad - had to re-read.

I don't know - maybe it's my neighborhood. I can't see a stranger knocking on anyone's door, getting into any level of conversation that leads to "do you know so and so two houses down" would give too many people cause to pause.

Not like I'm trying to stereotype, but this kind of stuff tends to only work in low income areas.

I know door to door....pretty darned well.

In the town I live in, you have to go to the police department, pay a $100 fee, they will then verify your information, take your picture and prints and provide you with a photo id that must be visible when you come knocking....it's nice as there are rarely any knocks on door from sales people.

Last edited:
I like the site. It does have some wrong people at my address but we also get junk mail addressed to those same people occasionally.

I would have no problem taking the names from this site if I have a product I want to present and knock on any door (it wouldn't have to be low income) and starting the conversation off with "Hello, Are you Don Smith?"

I would never act like a neighbor referred me to them unless they ACTUALLY did. You don't need that bottom-feeder junk.

If the guy's name wasn't Don Smith that wouldn't be a big deal either. Just tell them why you are there and they like it or they don't and they can afford it or they can't.

I've done my share of door knocking and MOST people are very friendly and are much more open to it than telemarketing.

That's my bad - had to re-read.

I don't know - maybe it's my neighborhood. I can't see a stranger knocking on anyone's door, getting into any level of conversation that leads to "do you know so and so two houses down" would give too many people cause to pause.

Not like I'm trying to stereotype, but this kind of stuff tends to only work in low income areas.

I know door to door....pretty darned well.

Don't know about Maryland and other areas but in southern small towns and rural area it still works. Have to admit that it works better in areas with lower income to lower middle income individual homes Have never used it in housing projects (other than ones that are exclusively set aside for seniors) and it doesn't seem to work nearly as well in apartment complexes (probably due to the transient nature of renters). Have seen it work in upper middle class developments but most agents aren't comfortable knocking those doors.

I haven't used it in years but personally know agents that are doing it working the final expense and supplemental health markets with as much success as ever.

Last edited:
Door knocking in general works like a charm. Spending a great deal of time at any particular house and going through "You know Joe Smith?" tends to be a waste of time.

Door knocking works well with volume.

I've done BtoB and telemarketing and hands down BtoB is far more effective. That said, in many cases it's worth it to give up a degree of effectiveness to simply telemarket from home.

Or perhaps, "I am calling to apply for the receptionist position that I heard is going to be open shortly..." ??:goofy:

No....this weeds out if they are the owner or not......then there is a set of responses that come after what they say........

Back