Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Insurance Cold Calling Forum

Reply to New Senior Agent with No Advert Budget, Hints to Get Word Out Locally?     
Old 08-12-2017, 12:08 PM   #1

State: WildCard is an Insurance Agent from Wisconsin
New Senior Agent with No Advert Budget, Hints to Get Word Out Locally? New Senior Agent with No Advert Budget, Hints to Get Word Out Locally?
Hello,

Getting my start in WI with health and life license, going the Medicare advantage and supplement route. I've done my AHIP, UHC, and Humana certs.

I am torn as the road to get here has me light in any advertising budget. I am all for cold calling and face to face door knocking introductions - but seems the Medicare Advantage rules on unsolicited contact are so restrictive.

Anything you can recommend as far as how I can put in sweat equity to make a handful of sales - then use the revenue from those sales towards advertising correctly with direct mail? I just need to prime the pump so to speak.

I am open to all legal methods, hard work and effort is not a problem. My only limit is cash. I have no problem with cold calling, just don't want to get successful and then penalized for crossing the line by selling an MA with an unsolicited flag.

I forgot to mention, I get quality T65-74 lists from my FMO.

Thanks!
WC
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to New Senior Agent with No Advert Budget, Hints to Get Word Out Locally?
Old 08-13-2017, 11:37 PM   #2
FRJ
Super Genius

State: FRJ is an Insurance Agent from Illinois
New Senior Agent with No Advert Budget, Hints to Get Word Out Locally? Re: New Senior Agent with No Advert Budget, Hints to Get Word Out Locally?
Originally Posted by WildCard View Post
Hello,

Getting my start in WI with health and life license, going the Medicare advantage and supplement route. I've done my AHIP, UHC, and Humana certs.

I am torn as the road to get here has me light in any advertising budget. I am all for cold calling and face to face door knocking introductions - but seems the Medicare Advantage rules on unsolicited contact are so restrictive.

Anything you can recommend as far as how I can put in sweat equity to make a handful of sales - then use the revenue from those sales towards advertising correctly with direct mail? I just need to prime the pump so to speak.

I am open to all legal methods, hard work and effort is not a problem. My only limit is cash. I have no problem with cold calling, just don't want to get successful and then penalized for crossing the line by selling an MA with an unsolicited flag.

I forgot to mention, I get quality T65-74 lists from my FMO.

Thanks!
WC
Part of your problem may be that you have two carriers that are NOT medigap price competitive in a lot of areas (Wisconsin). They have nice MAPD plans but you can't cold call for that.
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to New Senior Agent with No Advert Budget, Hints to Get Word Out Locally?
Reply to New Senior Agent with No Advert Budget, Hints to Get Word Out Locally? 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Insurance Cold Calling Forum