ODesk - Who's Used Them?

That makes sense. I'm back to hitting the phones today (happy). My ratio is 1 in 20 calls to appointments, I really want to get it too 1 in 10 and then I'll be a happy man.

If you're getting 1:20 that's 5%, that sounds like a pretty good number.

If you're getting 1:20 that's 5%, that sounds like a pretty good number.

I always thought that wasn't that great. In saying that I have gone 1 in 100 but my average is 1 in 20. Thanks for the lift, back to the phones I go then. (9.25am here)

I always thought that wasn't that great. In saying that I have gone 1 in 100 but my average is 1 in 20. Thanks for the lift, back to the phones I go then. (9.25am here)

That's way good stuff! Numbers to be proud of.

What area are you in?

What area are you in?[/QUOTE]

I'm in Newcastle, NSW Australia and sell Personal Accident/Sickness, Trauma, Critical Illness, Fracture & Confinement...plus 4 optional benefits for Combined Insurance.

Do you have any good leads for here? :)

I'm in Newcastle, NSW Australia and sell Personal Accident/Sickness, Trauma, Critical Illness, Fracture & Confinement...plus 4 optional benefits for Combined Insurance.

Do you have any good leads for here? :)

Sadly I do not. I'd like to visit some day though.

I've used them alot. I tried freelancer and elance but really like odesk for the accountability feature of the screen shots.
I've hired mostly filipino workers and some US workers. I found the best results from the filipino workers though.

I wrote about 60k in commissions from their leads. Best thing to do is post an add for PT telemarketers and then have them send a recording with their application. If they don't. Delete them. If you don't get anyone you like, repost the ad a couple days after the first one.

I will usually get 30-50 responses from an ad. I always hire people for $2-$3 per hour for about 15 hours of work. They will call on average about 20 dials per hour. I use them to call on smaller leads with less than 50 employees. They will generate about 1-2 appts a week. If I close one a month I will pay for them for the whole year.

Just remember... just like any telemarketer, they usually only last a month or two before moving on. But well worth the hassle.

Hope this helps.

I've used them alot. I tried freelancer and elance but really like odesk for the accountability feature of the screen shots.
I've hired mostly filipino workers and some US workers. I found the best results from the filipino workers though.

I wrote about 60k in commissions from their leads. Best thing to do is post an add for PT telemarketers and then have them send a recording with their application. If they don't. Delete them. If you don't get anyone you like, repost the ad a couple days after the first one.

I will usually get 30-50 responses from an ad. I always hire people for $2-$3 per hour for about 15 hours of work. They will call on average about 20 dials per hour. I use them to call on smaller leads with less than 50 employees. They will generate about 1-2 appts a week. If I close one a month I will pay for them for the whole year.

Just remember... just like any telemarketer, they usually only last a month or two before moving on. But well worth the hassle.

Hope this helps.

Sorry for the late response, but I'm wondering if you could PM what script you got them to use. Thanks in advance.

Sorry for the late response, but I'm wondering if you could PM what script you got them to use. Thanks in advance.

Hi Geek... I would love to help but decided not to share my script. I spent a lot of time reading books, hiring trainers and trial and error to come up with this script. I've been asked to share it a lot but decided I spent too much time creating it to share it.

My advice would be to read, read, read like I did. The books I used primarily are Selling to vito, cold calling techniques that really work, the winners circle volumes 1-3 and sell and grow rich. My techniques really come from a combination of all of these. As well as Ari Galphers coaching which cost me $1,000 and Scott Channel's coaching that cost me another $1,000. Honestly, the coaching was worth crap but I did pick up a pointer or two. The books will teach you everything you need to know.

The best tip I can give you is that people love to hear how others are successful. Good luck!

Thanks mate, I understand why you wouldn't...I was just thinking that I'm all this way in Australia I could've stole it off you LOL.

I'll do some research, I sell mainly personal accident & sickness disability coverage. Lucky I didn't buy Ari's course, I got his starter pack of $99 and it was pretty good.

Back