One Month Doing Cold Calling

RookieYankee

Guru
100+ Post Club
I haven't gotten one person interested. I am using salesdialers with their salesdatalist. I'm not sure but I've gotten a lot of wrong numbers. Aside from that I know I'm still new, but a month with no leads. Is this usual for cold calling? I've been dialing 500 numbers a day. I don't have a budget where can I send 1000 mailers a week for 475 or 350. I will be door knocking tomorrow. Still is this usual for cold calling?

That sounds very unusual. That said, if your response is that bad so far, just doing more of the same thing will get you the same results.

What type of insurance are you selling? What script are you using? I've never thought there data was very good, but even with bad data with the amount of volume you're doing you should be getting something.

Feel free to email me your script, [email protected], if you'd like a private opinion.

I just sent it to you, Josh. Thanks for replying. :)

That sounds very unusual. That said, if your response is that bad so far, just doing more of the same thing will get you the same results.

What type of insurance are you selling? What script are you using? I've never thought there data was very good, but even with bad data with the amount of volume you're doing you should be getting something.

Feel free to email me your script, [email protected], if you'd like a private opinion.

Most of the time if you're having poor results from a script it's not what you say but how you say it. If you sound like a salesman with a 'canned' script then you'll shut people down right away and they won't listen after that. Make what you say simple and speak to the person as if you're their next door neighbor inviting them to a party.

I never use a script. I cold call door to door and just simply say..."Hi....I'm just handing out a few cards between appointments, I don't bite...."

Works for me and I'm dog arse ugly.

You probably are just flat out awful on the phone to be honest

But no one will be blunt with you & tell you that

I'd imagine you are more cut out for an order taker type gig

I haven't gotten one person interested. I am using salesdialers with their salesdatalist. I'm not sure but I've gotten a lot of wrong numbers. Aside from that I know I'm still new, but a month with no leads. Is this usual for cold calling? I've been dialing 500 numbers a day. I don't have a budget where can I send 1000 mailers a week for 475 or 350. I will be door knocking tomorrow. Still is this usual for cold calling?

What are you selling?

FE, MA, MS?

Most of the time if you're having poor results from a script it's not what you say but how you say it. If you sound like a salesman with a 'canned' script then you'll shut people down right away and they won't listen after that. Make what you say simple and speak to the person as if you're their next door neighbor inviting them to a party.

I never use a script. I cold call door to door and just simply say..."Hi....I'm just handing out a few cards between appointments, I don't bite...."

Works for me and I'm dog arse ugly.

I'm going to do some door to door actually. How many people actually let you in or what do you do to segue if you can show them what you have to offer?

----------

What are you selling?

FE, MA, MS?

To be quite honest I sell final expense and I'm trying to raise money for mail drops through cold calling for appointments. That may not be working very well at the moment.

I imagine I sound canned. The reason being is I talk pretty fast on the phone so I tried to slow down my words.

I just need to keep on going so to get more natural at it. If it helps I am calling usually between 12-4. Im not sure if I should be calling later or earlier since I get a lot of people who don't pick up or answering machines. I've had a good number of people tell me wrong number and a few saying they're all taken care of.

Last edited:
"I just need to keep on going so to get more natural at it. "
Not to be rude, but this is the definition of crazy. If you sucked at golf, it would be crazy to keep practicing the wrong way as you'll never get better that way.

Tape yourself and let your upline, or fellow agents, listen to your phone presentation and make corrections. Your fast talking is not helping but you need overall coaching in the worst way with the lack of results you are seeing.

Better data will help but even with good data, you need to scrap 100% of what you are saying and replace it with tried and true methods. There is no shortage of good scripts out there and you can use the "search" function here and find some of them.

GOOD LUCK!

I'm going to do some door to door actually. How many people actually let you in or what do you do to segue if you can show them what you have to offer?

The way I do things is that I have a form I fill out when someone is interested in a quote. I get health info, what meds they are on, if they have a bank account or not, etc., and set a time to come back. I then do research to find the best company for them and give the option to pick the company they like best.

"I just need to keep on going so to get more natural at it. "
Not to be rude, but this is the definition of crazy. If you sucked at golf, it would be crazy to keep practicing the wrong way as you'll never get better that way.

Tape yourself and let your upline, or fellow agents, listen to your phone presentation and make corrections. Your fast talking is not helping but you need overall coaching in the worst way with the lack of results you are seeing.

Better data will help but even with good data, you need to scrap 100% of what you are saying and replace it with tried and true methods. There is no shortage of good scripts out there and you can use the "search" function here and find some of them.

GOOD LUCK!

I'm trying to get in with Transamerica. I have no upline right now.

Back