Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Insurance Cold Calling Forum

Reply to Opening Value Statement and Engagement Questions     
Old 10-19-2015, 12:32 PM   #1

State: coldcaller2015 is an Insurance Agent from
Opening Value Statement and Engagement Questions Opening Value Statement and Engagement Questions
I just started cold calling to set business insurance appointments for agents. From experience what are the best opening value statement and engagement questions to ask a prospect when on the line to keep them engaged?
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Opening Value Statement and Engagement Questions
Old 10-19-2015, 12:55 PM   #2
Guru
Justin Bilyj on Opening Value Statement and Engagement Questions

State: Justin Bilyj is an Insurance Agent from Ohio
Justin Bilyj is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Opening Value Statement and Engagement Questions Re: Opening Value Statement and Engagement Questions
When you say business insurance do you mean liability (P&C), or BOE (disability), or maybe Key Man Life Insurance?
Old 10-19-2015, 06:11 PM   #3
DHK
Guru
DHK on Opening Value Statement and Engagement Questions

State: DHK is an Insurance Agent from California
DHK is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Opening Value Statement and Engagement Questions Re: Opening Value Statement and Engagement Questions
In addition to knowing what lines of insurance you're trying to set appointments for, what is the FINANCIAL PROFILE of the targeted businesses?

Revenue?
# of Employees?
Years in Business?

Marv Feldman said once in an MDRT recording about capturing the business market, that he looks for $2.5 million+ in revenue and 15+ employees. They are large enough to have a need and able to pay for his financial solutions.

However, this profile is very different from a plumber who may have 3 assistants and employs 2 other plumbers with a couple of trucks. Their needs are different.

Once we know the target profile, we can help you with your scripting. Without it... it's always a shot in the dark - just like pulling the lever on your favorite slot machine. It'll either work, or not. You just accept the results and dial the next one.

----------

Or are you calling on a specific industry, such as construction or auto?
Old 10-22-2015, 05:35 PM   #4
Super Genius

State: thecommercialguy is an Insurance Agent from
@coldcaller2015 - Two Comments.

1) Target Audience?
I agree with @DHK. The profile of your target audience will dramatically change what the value prop is. To build on this comment, I believe the profile of the business dramatically changes the buying habits of the business. This is key. The housewife feeding 2 kids buys bananas in a way that looks nothing like the manager of a homeless shelter may. You get the point. I'd love to talk more if you're interested.

2) Effective?
We can all cold-call. We've all done it. However, I'm curious what other marketing strategies you have in place. People hate cold-callers. You do too. However, it makes a lot more sense for the recipient if the cold-call acts as a follow-up to some kind of exposure they've already had to you, whether knowingly or not. I was taught to cold-call and did so religiously for 5 years straight for Commercial P&C brokerage.

Hayato
closingcommercial.com
Reply to Opening Value Statement and Engagement Questions 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Insurance Cold Calling Forum

Tags
key man life