Opening Value Statement and Engagement Questions

coldcaller2015

I just started cold calling to set business insurance appointments for agents. From experience what are the best opening value statement and engagement questions to ask a prospect when on the line to keep them engaged?

In addition to knowing what lines of insurance you're trying to set appointments for, what is the FINANCIAL PROFILE of the targeted businesses?

Revenue?
# of Employees?
Years in Business?

Marv Feldman said once in an MDRT recording about capturing the business market, that he looks for $2.5 million+ in revenue and 15+ employees. They are large enough to have a need and able to pay for his financial solutions.

However, this profile is very different from a plumber who may have 3 assistants and employs 2 other plumbers with a couple of trucks. Their needs are different.

Once we know the target profile, we can help you with your scripting. Without it... it's always a shot in the dark - just like pulling the lever on your favorite slot machine. It'll either work, or not. You just accept the results and dial the next one.

----------

Or are you calling on a specific industry, such as construction or auto?

@coldcaller2015 - Two Comments.

1) Target Audience?
I agree with @DHK. The profile of your target audience will dramatically change what the value prop is. To build on this comment, I believe the profile of the business dramatically changes the buying habits of the business. This is key. The housewife feeding 2 kids buys bananas in a way that looks nothing like the manager of a homeless shelter may. You get the point. I'd love to talk more if you're interested.

2) Effective?
We can all cold-call. We've all done it. However, I'm curious what other marketing strategies you have in place. People hate cold-callers. You do too. However, it makes a lot more sense for the recipient if the cold-call acts as a follow-up to some kind of exposure they've already had to you, whether knowingly or not. I was taught to cold-call and did so religiously for 5 years straight for Commercial P&C brokerage.

Hayato
closingcommercial.com

Back