Outbound Sales Team Remuneration Structure

sammy123

I run a business selling products and for past two years we did not do any outbound sales most of theleads we get in through inbound leads via website. I realized I needed to scale things up so I need somebody full time to do outbounds sales. My problem is how do I structure remuneration.

-I want to pay the sales team - basic salary + commision.
-I want to pay commision to the sales team ONLY on the NEW leads.
-I use one email where all the leads come and I want them to enter the incoming leads in CRM and contact them but not to cheat and tell me they generated those leads.
- How do I keep them motivated and maintain honesty in generating new leads and at the sametime maintain and followup with the inbound leads I get on emails?

Any practical tips from people managing sales teams would be highly appreciated.

What kind of software if any will your people be using to generate leads? Or are they picking up a phone book and a cell phone?

Your challenge will be to hold them accountable without adding a lot more work for yourself. If you have the means to pull a list of numbers that had been in-bound and cross reference it to the outbound leads you payed out. If any of them overlap you might have a player. This is redundant but the only way I can think of if your outbound and in-bond software do not communicate.

If you run the report with and show them you will catch them the first time they try, basically telling them to not even bother. You can run the report or not but them knowing its there should be a good deterrent.

Employees do hinky stuff when they think they can get away with it. Cultivate the idea that it would be very easy for you to catch it.

Back