Power of Persistence

I've been working on the biggest
deal of my career for a year. It came from a cold call almost exactly a year ago. I called a lady who told me she had a lot of money with a financial advisor who she didn't like.
It's a huge amount.

Well I kept calling trying to get an appointment. When that became ineffective I popped by and dropped off some educational info on annuities. She then set 3 separate appointments with me but stood me up everytime. She kept promising to give me a shot because I was really informative.

She then said she was going with another advisor. I persisted and said at least get a second opinion and she kept saying well call me next week etc. I kept sending her educational pieces by mail or popping by to say hi and see when a good time would be...

A year later we sit down and move
a fourth of the portfolio. She now wants to move the rest.

There is a lot more to this story but...
She's now on my side and I think it will be very beneficial for the both of us...

My pay from this one client will be over six figures. I didn't do anything magic. I just followed up against all odds for a year about once every 2 weeks.

That's the power of persistent effort. If you have a goal don't let go. Keep pushing until you realize it. Unless of course they say I'm calling the cops to place a restraining order on you. Jk...

I did but of course scrubbed vs dnc.

----------

Frankly it doesn't matter who you call as long as they're qualified... you'll find leads. I'm writing $100,000 annuity Monday from cold call. Now they shut me down a few months ago face to face but I Just Followed Up about once a month. They're ready now. They weren't then. I really need to call more. I get lazy too easy...

----------

It's when we relax that the famine comes. Personal experience! Just went through one recently.

I did but of course scrubbed vs dnc.

----------

Frankly it doesn't matter who you call as long as they're qualified... you'll find leads. I'm writing $100,000 annuity Monday from cold call. Now they shut me down a few months ago face to face but I Just Followed Up about once a month. They're ready now. They weren't then. I really need to call more. I get lazy too easy...

----------

It's when we relax that the famine comes. Personal experience! Just went through one recently.

Over six figure commision... that is pretty sweet. Is cold calling a big part of your prospecting activity? I just another successful producer say to cold call for retirement planning/annuities and I never really thought about that. I was wondering if he was just saying that to say something or if it was actually fruitful given enough effort then I came across this. Good for you man.

Back