Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Insurance Cold Calling Forum

Reply to Prospecting Experiment - And my Accountability Thread!     
Old 07-20-2017, 07:31 PM   #1
Super Genius
MaxReaver on Prospecting Experiment - And my Accountability Thread!

State: MaxReaver is an Insurance Agent from Texas
Prospecting Experiment - And my Accountability Thread! Prospecting Experiment - And my Accountability Thread!
So...I am in the process of kicking off an ol' school prospecting experiment starting Monday (July 24th), and I am curious if you all have any predictions or suggestions. This is also my accountability thread!

I work full time during the week so my prospecting hours are limited to evenings and weekends. I am contacting Final Expense leads via door knocking on Saturdays (see my videos on the FE forum detailing my first couple of weekends there that have brought in 4 apps so far), and I am off to a decent start there.

The Plan: Prospect for traditional and/or mortgage protection life insurance opportunities by going door-to-door cold knocking in my community of almost 2000 houses. Coverage will consist of a target of 20 homes per evening during the weekdays - 100 homes per week. I may have to adjust depending on how long it takes me to cover that kind of ground in 90+ degree weather.

Demographic: Working class neighborhood of almost 2000 homes with values ranging from 200's to 400's. A substantial percentage of the homes are less than 3 years old.

Tactics: Here is where I can use some suggestions. My limited experience tells me to use a mortgage protection pitch and try to stick with quick and easy simplified issue term and permanent insurance if an interest arises. I could just flat out say I am a life insurance agent and don't shy away from it. I have received feedback that advises against this.

I am not a seasoned door-to-door guy. I do expect a decent % of the people to be home since it is weekday evenings. I am really curious if attempting to reach out to 100+ homes a week will net any real opportunities. I know others on this forum have had some success.

Any other suggestions from you guys? If I did this 3 weeks a month, is it foreseeable to close $2000+ in AP?
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Prospecting Experiment - And my Accountability Thread!
Old 07-20-2017, 10:55 PM   #2
Super Genius

State: asher is an Insurance Agent from Florida
Prospecting Experiment - And my Accountability Thread! Re: Prospecting Experiment - And my Accountability Thread!
Great idea- It can be done.

What kind of leave behind pieces are you carrying for mortgage protection?
Old 07-20-2017, 11:42 PM   #3
Super Genius

Prospecting Experiment - And my Accountability Thread! Re: Prospecting Experiment - And my Accountability Thread! MaxReaver is the thread starter for: Prospecting Experiment - And my Accountability Thread!

Originally Posted by asher View Post
Great idea- It can be done.

What kind of leave behind pieces are you carrying for mortgage protection?
To be honest, I wasn't planning on leaving them anything or than maybe my business card.

My thinking was if I can't hook 'em on the door step and either get in the door or an appointment, I'll just keep on fishing. I find most of the literature ends up getting tossed anyway.
Old 07-20-2017, 11:56 PM   #4
DHK
Guru
DHK on Prospecting Experiment - And my Accountability Thread!

State: DHK is an Insurance Agent from California
DHK is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Prospecting Experiment - And my Accountability Thread! Re: Prospecting Experiment - And my Accountability Thread!
In that instance, your business card is simply your nice, courteous way of parting ways.

I think a flyer would be cheaper, and perhaps, slightly more effective. It can also double as an appointment confirmation piece reminding people about what you do.
Old 07-21-2017, 09:02 AM   #5
Super Genius

Prospecting Experiment - And my Accountability Thread! Re: Prospecting Experiment - And my Accountability Thread! MaxReaver is the thread starter for: Prospecting Experiment - And my Accountability Thread!

Originally Posted by DHK View Post
In that instance, your business card is simply your nice, courteous way of parting ways.

I think a flyer would be cheaper, and perhaps, slightly more effective. It can also double as an appointment confirmation piece reminding people about what you do.
Thanks for the suggestion.

I actually tried to send you PM last night looking for a time to talk. I know you are active on this prospecting forum, and I was hoping to get some pointers at your discretion.

It appears you don't accept PM here. If you do have time, I would much appreciate a few minutes at your convenience. Please PM me with your contact info if that is acceptable.

And thanks again for the contributions here
Old 07-24-2017, 10:27 PM   #6
Super Genius

Well...after speaking with some very big FE producers who worked the mortgage protection market for a long time, this project got squished completely.

I will be doubling down on leads and appointment setting for Saturdays since I work full time. So much for having some initiative in this area.

I am basically paying someone to do the hard work for me.
Old 07-24-2017, 10:51 PM   #7
Super Genius
entrep1776 on Prospecting Experiment - And my Accountability Thread!

State: entrep1776 is an Insurance Agent from
Originally Posted by MaxReaver View Post
Well...after speaking with some very big FE producers who worked the mortgage protection market for a long time, this project got squished completely.

I will be doubling down on leads and appointment setting for Saturdays since I work full time. So much for having some initiative in this area.

I am basically paying someone to do the hard work for me.
Hi Max,

Sometimes gotta change course.

appreciate more details on how you're doubling down?

If you wouldn't say it to someone in real life, why would you type it to someone on the Internet?
Reply to Prospecting Experiment - And my Accountability Thread! 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Insurance Cold Calling Forum