Question About Ethics on Using Appointment Setting Service

datrain711

Hi all,

I just accepted a position selling commercial insurance in an expanding market. I'm new to insurance but have sales experience.

One of my requirements is setting 5 appointments a month with businesses that have 20 or more employees. Appointment must be with a President, VP, CEO, CFO.

I was wondering if in this industry, I would need to let my bosses know if I chose to use an appointment service. For year 1, I would have someone coming with me to these appointments. I am going to be working at home about 80% of the time.

Just looking for some advice for anyone who has been in a similar situation. I will be working for a very reputable company that operates only in 1 state.

thanks!

I think you need to let them know. Your on an appt that the lead service set up with another agent to help you out. Now the VP, CEO what ever says to you "that girl Heather that I set the appt up with said..." Now the other agent is wondering who Heather is and you don't want to have the other agent get caught off guard if their there to help close the deal.

Back