Question for those that Make Cold Calls - How Many Calls Do You Make a Month?

How many calls per telemarketer do you make?

• Up to 1,000

Votes: 15 57.7%
  • Up to 2,000

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Up to 3,000

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Up to 4,000

• Up to 5,000

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More than 5,000

• Total voters

Josh

Guru
5000 Post Club
A lot of folks believe that cold calling is dead, but there are still literally thousands of people still successfully using it to grow their business. If you actively use cold calling as a part of your marketing plan, how many calls do you and/or your telemarketers make per month?

A lot of folks believe that cold calling is dead, but there are still literally thousands of people still successfully using it to grow their business. If you actively use cold calling as a part of your marketing plan, how many calls do you and/or your telemarketers make per month?

calls or dials?

calls or dials?

I would consider them both the same thing. If you call and get a busy signal, that was still a call. Odds are you would consider that a dial and not a call, so let's go with dials :)

I hope more people respond. I still do this. I have found a strategy to do it effectively. I hand dial. I would like to use a dialer in the near future, even if it's just a single line dialer.

I get most of my t65 sales through this method. I only cold call for t65 sales, when I worked for a captive agency, I did cold call lists age 65-80, and I trained others on how to do it.

It can work very effectively, in fact it's usually a very cheap lead when compared to DM leads. Obviously most people hate doing it, and thats why they buy DM leads.

As far as how many dials per month I make, I probably only do about 500-1000 (just a guess). That may be a bit high though.

I hope more people respond. I still do this. I have found a strategy to do it effectively. I hand dial. I would like to use a dialer in the near future, even if it's just a single line dialer. I get most of my t65 sales through this method. I only cold call for t65 sales, when I worked for a captive agency, I did cold call lists age 65-80, and I trained others on how to do it. It can work very effectively, in fact it's usually a very cheap lead when compared to DM leads. Obviously most people hate doing it, and thats why they buy DM leads. As far as how many dials per month I make, I probably only do about 500-1000 (just a guess). That may be a bit high though.

Originally I read the poll wrong, I thought it said how many dials per day, but now I see it says per month.

I run a virtual call center, and my agents are averaging right about 10K dials per month (using a predictive dialer of course).

Cold calling is very much still alive and not just in the insurance industry.

I would consider them both the same thing. If you call and get a busy signal, that was still a call. Odds are you would consider that a dial and not a call, so let's go with dials :)

In that case I'd say 2000 dials a week should be the minimum to cold call effectively. I like to make 400 dials to make contact with 100 suspects a day.

Cold calling is something I have done for years in every type of sale profession.
It is necessary to the survival of any sales career. I had companies that provided leads, but they were their leads so it was on the companies terms set bay the telemarketing staff who had to meet a quota for the month. And did I mention that the prospects were all promised a promotional item for there time. Needless to say that the company leads were not so great.
Now here we are, every one of us in some shape and form in the insurance business. Everyone of us working to grow or practice, or Brokerage.
I can tell you at least from my experience that This industry is one of the hardest ones to get started in, It is also one of the most rewarding financially and personally.
In conclusion I will tell you that "anything worth having is worth fighting for"
Do not give up . If you try one source and have little to no success try and another. Find your nitch, make a plan and work it. Talk to everybody "DON'T Be a Secret Agent". My hope is that eventually my clients base will grow to a point that it will become repeat customers with family needs, my referral base and nominators. I admit that I still have a ways to go to get there but I will be successful. You will too.

Cold calling is something I have done for years in every type of sale profession.
It is necessary to the survival of any sales career..

Hate to disagree but there are agents specializing in FE that make $100K+ that never cold call... So it certainly isn't necessary to the survival of any sales career.

Latest posts

Back