Religion and Cold Calling - Thoughts???

Hey my name is ______ and i'm a christian and we don't like your kind around here.

Or-

Hey this is _____ with 'capitalizing on your emotions' consulting

or even better--

Hey this is _____ with 'sneakily trying to get easily emotionally swayed christians to listen to me by identifying with them as a christian to benefit my business which is arguably blasphemy in the first place' consulting...

or the best i think,----

Hey my name is shameless and i have no shame and i'm certainly not shamefully plugging jesus for the benefit of my business.

Ask yourself this, what would jesus do? Unless you're giving up 25% of revenue to the church or charity you're basically slapping jesus in the face. Can you live with that? AND That's assuming it works well which I can almost assure you it won't...

I've been a self-employed tradesman for 30 years. Many times I'd take a call and schedule a quote, and when I showed up at the customer's home we'd recognize one another from church (my church is a large one and I know most folks by first name, but a much smaller percent by last name). They would say "I didn't know you di this for a living? Why didn't you ever say anything? I'd have called you years ago!"

My answer is always this: "I do not believe in using my faith or my church relationships in a mercenary manner."

I have often spoke of my faith with my customers over the years. But these discussions always came up after they had hired me and came about as a natural course of conversation, not as a calculated effort on my part to "build rapport and get the sale."

That being said, a good number of folks do join our church for just this reason. I can't tell you the number of realtors who have given me their business card at the time of our first hand shake introduction on a Sunday morning. God forgive me but it disgusts me to no end.

I prefer to do business with other Christians and will go out of my way to do so. Of course anyone can claim to be one so....

Back