Request for Some Up-to-date Cold Calling Tips

AgentV

Hey all,
I recently joined with a life insurance company and have resorted to making cold calls to supplement my current business. I buy leads off of listshack, which I found on these forums. My company has their own tips on cold calling but I'd like to see what the public has to say on it. So what tips would you guys give to somebody making cold calls. Anyone out there have a dynamite cold calling script that you'd be willing to share? Thanks guys

Hey all,
I recently joined with a life insurance company and have resorted to making cold calls to supplement my current business. I buy leads off of listshack, which I found on these forums. My company has their own tips on cold calling but I'd like to see what the public has to say on it. So what tips would you guys give to somebody making cold calls. Anyone out there have a dynamite cold calling script that you'd be willing to share? Thanks guys

What type of tips have they already given you? From time to time I work with agents on their cold-calling and have found that a you really only have about 10-20 seconds to get someones attention. Remember, cold-calling is only as good as the person who calls is at delivering the message.

Try something like:
"Hi my name is _______ and I work with _________. How are you doing today?"
(Always get them to talk about themselves and be friendly). "Do you have a few minutes to talk to me about ______? Great! I understand that your time is very valuable to I will make sure to get straight to the point..."

Get them to keep talking about themselves to feel comfortable -- "How long have you lived in the US for?"

"I understand you work with ______, how long have you worked with them?"

As you continue your conversation, wait for your moment. Your goal is usually to set an appointment so get the info you need and remember: when you ask for an appointment, ALWAYS GIVE CHOICES. Ask if mornings or evenings are better, or "I have a Tuesday at 11 next week or a Friday at 4, do either of those work?"

I hope this helps. It is pretty basic but what I have found is you need to seem genuinely interested in the person you are talking to. Feed there ego with questions about themselves. Make sure to give choices, be polite, and wait for your moment to close a meeting. If they stay on the phone with you past 20 seconds, your chances are much higher of closing a meeting.

Good luck!

Back