Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE


Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Insurance Cold Calling Forum

Reply to SALES DATA PRO - Anyone Use Their Lists for P&C Cold Calling?     
Old 06-28-2017, 01:20 PM   #1
Expert
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts:49
State: SueNami is an Insurance Agent from Pennsylvania
SALES DATA PRO - Anyone Use Their Lists for P&C Cold Calling? SALES DATA PRO - Anyone Use Their Lists for P&C Cold Calling?
I'm looking for a new list provider. The one I have now has WAY too many disconnected or wrong numbers.

Anyone have experience with them? What did you think?
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to SALES DATA PRO - Anyone Use Their Lists for P&C Cold Calling?
Old 06-28-2017, 01:39 PM   #2
Super Genius
Rick Deckard on SALES DATA PRO - Anyone Use Their Lists for P&C Cold Calling?
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts:223
State: Rick Deckard is an Insurance Agent from
SALES DATA PRO - Anyone Use Their Lists for P&C Cold Calling? Re: SALES DATA PRO - Anyone Use Their Lists for P&C Cold Calling?
I assume Homeowners...I have a list of 11,000 names in my state for high value property owners with working numbers scrubbed against the DNC, ready for the bad news?

-80-90% or more of the numbers will either ring with no AM, ring to a VM where a robot announces the phone number but you can obviously tell its never checked, disconnected(lot more than you think), you're frustration level is going to rise mightily.

I would ask you a question since you have a few threads but they seem similar in nature..."What do you want to hear?"

-I ask that question because bottom line I can tell you in my neck of the woods...100 calls, maybe talk to 5 homeowners max, maybe a couple of those will actually run an app with you. If the numbers were promising then everyone would do it.

I wish you well, let us know how it works for you. There are some data folks here that can get you lists for as little as $50 a month, I wouldn't overspend on phone numbers unless they have cell numbers plus emails, those leads might be worth a little more.

-White Pages.com, I got a monthly for $10 and I cross check a lot of folks, typically find more than one phone number.
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to SALES DATA PRO - Anyone Use Their Lists for P&C Cold Calling?
Old 06-28-2017, 02:12 PM   #3
Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts:1,109
State: thomasm is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
thomasm is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
SALES DATA PRO - Anyone Use Their Lists for P&C Cold Calling? Re: SALES DATA PRO - Anyone Use Their Lists for P&C Cold Calling?
They are all about the same quality IMHO.

There's a guy on here named Rick that claims to have the Glengarry lists.

Goes by GreenSky.
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to SALES DATA PRO - Anyone Use Their Lists for P&C Cold Calling?
Old 06-28-2017, 02:38 PM   #4
Guru
Josh on SALES DATA PRO - Anyone Use Their Lists for P&C Cold Calling?
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts:11,762
State: Josh is an Insurance Agent from Virginia
Josh is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
SALES DATA PRO - Anyone Use Their Lists for P&C Cold Calling? Re: SALES DATA PRO - Anyone Use Their Lists for P&C Cold Calling?
Originally Posted by thomasm View Post
They are all about the same quality IMHO.
There's a lot of truth to that.

One of the challenges with getting a list is there isn't any standardization or transparency with where the data comes from or how frequently it's updated. If I haven't hit it already, I'm probably getting pretty close to 10,000 customers. When I first launched ListShack.com if we got a customer complaint about data quality we'd replace them with the "glenngary lists" you referenced, and what we found is that usually it was at most, marginally better. One lady in particular was upset when I provided the replacements from the allegedly better source and said all I did was waste her time because it was even worse. Because of that I think a lot of it comes down to just certain areas being more difficult to keep updated. Even between the big compilers a lot of them will collaborate on pieces of the data so ultimately it's not completely independent data sets.

The other side of the coin is there are a lot of inexpensive sites that aren't super committed to data quality. It's not cheap, but setting up a list portal and putting a data set in it can be done with an investment most companies can afford. The challenge becomes can you sell enough data to keep the platform stable, fix the unavoidable bugs, and keep getting updates regularly enough to be able to cover your expenses and still make a buck. I can't speak to the company originally referenced in the post because I don't know what their inner workings are, what I will tell you for sure though is that many companies that get into this and try to crack the market, end up not able to get updates/load them/etc and so sometimes it can go years without updates. So how can you tell the difference between just the fact that data quality can be hit and miss vs companies not updating regularly? Realistically, the best thing you can do is just try a few and see how it goes.

------------------------------------


Telemarketing lists for $50/month
www.ListShack.com
Great for FE, Medicare, Auto, Homeowners, and more!
888-905-3282
  Reply With Quote to SALES DATA PRO - Anyone Use Their Lists for P&C Cold Calling?
Old 06-28-2017, 03:12 PM   #5
Guru
senior-advisor-indiana on SALES DATA PRO - Anyone Use Their Lists for P&C Cold Calling?
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts:11,216
State: senior-advisor-indiana is an Insurance Agent from Indiana
senior-advisor-indiana is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
SALES DATA PRO - Anyone Use Their Lists for P&C Cold Calling?
Originally Posted by thomasm View Post
They are all about the same quality IMHO.

There's a guy on here named Rick that claims to have the Glengarry lists.

Goes by GreenSky.
Great quality and low prices.....
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to SALES DATA PRO - Anyone Use Their Lists for P&C Cold Calling?
Old 06-28-2017, 03:52 PM   #6
Expert
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts:49
State: SueNami is an Insurance Agent from Pennsylvania
SALES DATA PRO - Anyone Use Their Lists for P&C Cold Calling? Re: SALES DATA PRO - Anyone Use Their Lists for P&C Cold Calling? SueNami is the thread starter for: SALES DATA PRO - Anyone Use Their Lists for P&C Cold Calling?

Originally Posted by thomasm View Post
They are all about the same quality IMHO.

There's a guy on here named Rick that claims to have the Glengarry lists.

Goes by GreenSky.
Thank you! I have never heard of Glengarry lists. lol ... I will check it out...

----------

Originally Posted by Rick Deckard View Post
I assume Homeowners...I have a list of 11,000 names in my state for high value property owners with working numbers scrubbed against the DNC, ready for the bad news?

-80-90% or more of the numbers will either ring with no AM, ring to a VM where a robot announces the phone number but you can obviously tell its never checked, disconnected(lot more than you think), you're frustration level is going to rise mightily.

I would ask you a question since you have a few threads but they seem similar in nature..."What do you want to hear?"

-I ask that question because bottom line I can tell you in my neck of the woods...100 calls, maybe talk to 5 homeowners max, maybe a couple of those will actually run an app with you. If the numbers were promising then everyone would do it.

I wish you well, let us know how it works for you. There are some data folks here that can get you lists for as little as $50 a month, I wouldn't overspend on phone numbers unless they have cell numbers plus emails, those leads might be worth a little more.

-White Pages.com, I got a monthly for $10 and I cross check a lot of folks, typically find more than one phone number.

My different threads were along the same lines, but not because I'm looking for 'what I want to hear'. I'm asking in case there's a better way... and a couple of those threads really didn't get a response (1 maybe?).

I'm ok with it being 'what it is'.. I just don't want to waste time doing it poorly when there are better ways to do it.

If I got a couple quotes out of 100 calls I'd be thrilled! LOL The list place I was with was HORRIBLE. I mean... calling for hours before finding a right number. Just was not acceptable.

And maybe this isn't a good way to do it... OR maybe it IS and it's such a PITA that people don't stick it out long enough to find the way to do it that is profitable??? If it's the second- I'm going to find out! lol. Because I'm stubborn as hell.

Thanks for your insight though... I noticed you said 'high value homeowners'... That's certainly an ideal client- but maybe people with high value homes aren't as likely to answer a phone call when they don't know the number that is calling? Or maybe there's a correlation between likelihood to trust over the phone with people in one income bracket than another?

I'm thinking there HAS to be some type of pattern... I just don't know that the data is out there on it.... See how much time, money and patience I have to figure it out! LOL
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to SALES DATA PRO - Anyone Use Their Lists for P&C Cold Calling?
Old 06-28-2017, 03:52 PM   #7
DHK
Guru
DHK on SALES DATA PRO - Anyone Use Their Lists for P&C Cold Calling?
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts:5,932
State: DHK is an Insurance Agent from California
DHK is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
SALES DATA PRO - Anyone Use Their Lists for P&C Cold Calling? Re: SALES DATA PRO - Anyone Use Their Lists for P&C Cold Calling?
Originally Posted by SueNami View Post
Thank you! I have never heard of Glengarry lists. lol ... I will check it out...
They're great lists - practically gold - but only for closers!

You Tube

------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to SALES DATA PRO - Anyone Use Their Lists for P&C Cold Calling?
Old 06-28-2017, 03:56 PM   #8
Expert
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts:49
State: SueNami is an Insurance Agent from Pennsylvania
SALES DATA PRO - Anyone Use Their Lists for P&C Cold Calling? Re: SALES DATA PRO - Anyone Use Their Lists for P&C Cold Calling? SueNami is the thread starter for: SALES DATA PRO - Anyone Use Their Lists for P&C Cold Calling?

Originally Posted by Josh View Post
There's a lot of truth to that.

One of the challenges with getting a list is there isn't any standardization or transparency with where the data comes from or how frequently it's updated. If I haven't hit it already, I'm probably getting pretty close to 10,000 customers. When I first launched ListShack.com if we got a customer complaint about data quality we'd replace them with the "glenngary lists" you referenced, and what we found is that usually it was at most, marginally better. One lady in particular was upset when I provided the replacements from the allegedly better source and said all I did was waste her time because it was even worse. Because of that I think a lot of it comes down to just certain areas being more difficult to keep updated. Even between the big compilers a lot of them will collaborate on pieces of the data so ultimately it's not completely independent data sets.

The other side of the coin is there are a lot of inexpensive sites that aren't super committed to data quality. It's not cheap, but setting up a list portal and putting a data set in it can be done with an investment most companies can afford. The challenge becomes can you sell enough data to keep the platform stable, fix the unavoidable bugs, and keep getting updates regularly enough to be able to cover your expenses and still make a buck. I can't speak to the company originally referenced in the post because I don't know what their inner workings are, what I will tell you for sure though is that many companies that get into this and try to crack the market, end up not able to get updates/load them/etc and so sometimes it can go years without updates. So how can you tell the difference between just the fact that data quality can be hit and miss vs companies not updating regularly? Realistically, the best thing you can do is just try a few and see how it goes.
THANKS JOSH! This is GREAT insight and it really does make sense. I was just sitting here earlier, how do you even screen a phone number for being disconnected? lol. So I can imagine there's alot on the back end that I don't see or understand.

I don't think I've heard of the List Shack, so let me check that out!

Feel free to PM me if there's anything I need to know!

----------

Originally Posted by DHK View Post
They're great lists - practically gold - but only for closers!
Soooo... when you say "closers"... Are you saying telemarketers wouldn't benefit from the list? Or are you saying the caller has to be serious and not just a random person making calls and hoping for the best?
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to SALES DATA PRO - Anyone Use Their Lists for P&C Cold Calling?
Old 06-29-2017, 01:45 PM   #9
Guru
mickeyma on SALES DATA PRO - Anyone Use Their Lists for P&C Cold Calling?
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts:368
State: mickeyma is an Insurance Agent from California
SALES DATA PRO - Anyone Use Their Lists for P&C Cold Calling? Re: SALES DATA PRO - Anyone Use Their Lists for P&C Cold Calling?
I've used Josh's www.Listshack.com for several years. He has very good quality and a terrific price.
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to SALES DATA PRO - Anyone Use Their Lists for P&C Cold Calling?
Old 06-30-2017, 06:33 AM   #10
Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts:1,109
State: thomasm is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
thomasm is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
SALES DATA PRO - Anyone Use Their Lists for P&C Cold Calling? Re: SALES DATA PRO - Anyone Use Their Lists for P&C Cold Calling?
Originally Posted by SueNami View Post
Soooo... when you say "closers"... Are you saying telemarketers wouldn't benefit from the list? Or are you saying the caller has to be serious and not just a random person making calls and hoping for the best?
If you have to ask, PUT THAT COFFEE DOWN!
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to SALES DATA PRO - Anyone Use Their Lists for P&C Cold Calling?
Reply to SALES DATA PRO - Anyone Use Their Lists for P&C Cold Calling? 

  Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Insurance Cold Calling Forum




Similar Threads with SALES DATA PRO - Anyone Use Their Lists for P&C Cold Calling?
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cold Calling for Cowards VaDwayne Insurance Cold Calling Forum 114 02-06-2017 01:47 PM
Eliminate The Fear, Failure and Rejection from Cold Calling Tampa Bay Rep Insurance Cold Calling Forum 14 12-22-2014 09:57 AM
Rookie Agent Seeking Helps on Both Natural Market & Cold Calling. feinberg Getting Started Selling Insurance 6 09-29-2011 07:18 AM
Advice on Lists to Buy for Life Cold Calling? mdudayev Life Insurance Forum 5 12-03-2010 01:42 PM
First day cold calling a FLOP jody108 Insurance Cold Calling Forum 179 03-09-2009 12:12 AM



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:17 PM.

Forum enabled with vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.


Join the Forum - It's FREE

Share This Page



Weekly Poll

Where do we go from here? POLL
Nothing - No ACA fixes - status quo
29.82 %
HHS Rulings and band aid bills
17.54 %
Hail Mary repeal and/or replace bill
17.54 %
A bipartisan bill to fix ACA
35.09 %

Voters: 57. This poll is closed