Script for Cold Calling Commercial Insurance

NEVER MENTION JUST THE PRICE, because you may not be able to save them money but you may be able to give them better benefits.

Hello,

My name is ******* ******** and I am a commercial agent with ABC agency in Podunkville,Va. I am simply calling to introduce myself and let you know that we would love to have the opportunity to talk to you about your business' insurance.

Have you considered letting someone take a look at your coverage to see if you may be ABLE TO SAVE MONEY, GET BETTER BENIFITS, OR HOPEFULLY BOTH?

If yes- Great, I would love to come by and meet you and introduce myself in person, would Monday work for you? By the way, do you know when you renewal date is?

If, my renewal time is not here yet - Oh I see, would you mind if I made a note of it and called you a couple of months, or so, beforehand to set-up an appointment with you then. When is your renewal date?

If not interested-I understand, thank you for your time,,

If I can get the renewal date, and it's not right arpound the corner, which takes immediate action

1. I have a pre-programmed letter to send with my magnet card and a brochure immediately thanking them for taking the time to speak to me and to let them know that I have made a record of their renewal date(like they asked me to do).

2. I have another letter that I send about 4 months in advance stating that I amSTILL aware of their renewal and will be contacting them around that time.

3. I have another letter that I send 1 week before my call to get the appointment

4. Call and get the appointment.

5. WRITE THE BUSINESS

YOU NEED A GOOD CRM TO PULL THIS OFF, I recommend OPRIUS.com

Last edited:
If yes- Great, I would love to come by and meet you and introduce myself in person, would Monday work for you? By the way, do you know when you renewal date is?

With all due respect, I would change this. You would be better off saying, "would Monday or Tuesday work better for you?". If you are going to be in that area on Monday you could also say, "hey I have a lunch appointment in your area on Monday would you prefer I stop by to introduce myself before or after my appointment?"

It is always better to offer options to pick from rather than a offering closed ended questions such as a yes/no option.

With all due respect, I would change this. You would be better off saying, "would Monday or Tuesday work better for you?". If you are going to be in that area on Monday you could also say, "hey I have a lunch appointment in your area on Monday would you prefer I stop by to introduce myself before or after my appointment?"

It is always better to offer options to pick from rather than a offering closed ended questions such as a yes/no option.

Please feel free to change it, if that works for you.

Last edited:
NEVER MENTION JUST THE PRICE, because you may not be able to save them money but you may be able to give them better benefits.

Hello,

My name is ******* ******** and I am a commercial agent with ABC agency in Podunkville,Va. I am simply calling to introduce myself and let you know that we would love to have the opportunity to talk to you about your business' insurance.

Have you considered letting someone take a look at your coverage to see if you may be ABLE TO SAVE MONEY, GET BETTER BENIFITS, OR HOPEFULLY BOTH?

If, my renewal time is not here yet - Oh I see, would you mind if I made a note of it and called you a couple of months, or so, beforehand to set-up an appointment with you then. When is your renewal date?

If I can get the renewal date, and it's not right arpound the corner, which takes immediate action

1. I have a pre-programmed letter to send with my magnet card and a brochure immediately thanking them for taking the time to speak to me and to let them know that I have made a record of their renewal date(like they asked me to do).

2. I have another letter that I send about 4 months in advance stating that I amSTILL aware of their renewal and will be contacting them around that time.

3. I have another letter that I send 1 week before my call to get the appointment

5. WRITE THE BUSINESS

Oh yeah, I use a "plain white" envelope, handwritten with the return address written with just my last name and personal address. If they are going to throw it away, they are going to have to open it first, which they wouldn't have to do if I sent it in and pre-printed agency envelope.

Just to be clear, I meant no disrespect to you. Your advice was great. I was just trying to help the OP.

Non-taken at all, I like choices as much as anyone but not when it comes to setting appointments. I like to sound really busy, even if it is the slowest week of the year.

Hello,

5. WRITE THE BUSINESS

Thank you so much for this! I do plan on making some changes, but you have given me something to start with. I am basically going to change the close ended question with an open ended one. Thank you once again! Sometimes all that's needed is a little something to get the thought process started.

Awesome advice, thanks for sharing. Now when you call, do you say that to whoever answers or do you get the owner/decision maker on the line first? What do you say to the gatekeeper to get to the decision maker? Thanks

Hello,

5. WRITE THE BUSINESS

Back