Skype for Cold Calling?

I'm not sure about the security protocols for Skype, but be careful with VOIP (voice over IP) phone services. They're not secure conversations, unless it's encrypted on both ends. So be careful what you talk about with your clients (i.e credit cards, addresses, personal details, etc.) on those services. Do an internet search for security and VOIP and you'll see what I mean.

Problem with this is that probably 98% of all phone calls are voip (even those that start on your end on copper). It's the only way phone companies work nowadays.

On top of that, copper lines are VERY easy to eavesdrop in on. You would have probably less security on copper than on VOIP. Fortunately, VOIP can be made secure, if you and your client want it to be.

Dan

I think Skype can be really cost effective but it can be pretty unstable at times. Has anyone else used MagicJack?

I used to use MagicJack when it first came out.
There was something I learned on Youtube where you can take the software from the MagicJack and install it right onto your computer as software running there. This way, you did not have to have something protruding out of your computer all the time.

Now,they have the MagicJack plus, which does not require a computer at all.

From what I've read, though, their TOS requires a 50 number call limit, just like Skype. It is not of much use, then. Unless you had a different unit for each block of 50 separate numbers, which is impractical, for sure.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
From time to time I'll have folks tell me they use Skype for their cold calling and I'm grateful it's on the phone because I tend to roll my eyes when I hear it and here is why:

Is anyone familiar with using Skype for their VOIP (unlimited use but pay per minute) feature? I'm not clear on whether you'd have to use X-lite or can still use the Skype interface with that plan.

Their quality is pretty consistent, though, in my experience and sounds much better than copper wires on this end.

Last edited by a moderator:
That seems like alot of work for leads why not free up your time and get preset appointments. For p/c commercial lines the ROI dictates it pays for itself, and your not having to call and schedule the appointments you are just going out and selling. Or you can just dial and smile yourself, either way is better than an auto dialing system.

That seems like alot of work for leads why not free up your time and get preset appointments. For p/c commercial lines the ROI dictates it pays for itself, and your not having to call and schedule the appointments you are just going out and selling. Or you can just dial and smile yourself, either way is better than an auto dialing system.

OK;)

I have used Magic Jack for two years and a buddy for three years with no problem. Better quality than what I had with my bell landline.

what company are you usig for these?

Back