Survey For DOOR TO DOOR!

The only question I have is how do you transition into asking for an appointment after your 3 question survey....literally, how do you ask for the appointment/consultation, etc?

Once you've asked them how comfortable they are with their current planning it is just natural conversation from there. Most people KNOW they have no plan and their spouse/kids have no guidance to follow. If they acknowledge that and have the type personality that they see it as a problem, you explain that is exactly what you help people with.

There is no script for this part because no two conversations go exactly the same.

Thanks for the replies.....I am finding them very helpful. Keep them coming. This is why I joined this forum.

New agents often spend too much time trying to sell everybody that they can find that doesn't have any/enough life insurance. A whole bunch of these people are time wasters or as Hoosier Daddy calls them, Agent Killers.

What you want to prospect for is people don't have enough/any life insurance AND see it as a problem.

Many people simply don't care and wouldn't buy it if it was 50 cents. But some of them will talk to you all day long.

The other thing you do when prospecting is look for people who like YOU. If you've talked to them 5-minutes they either like you or they don't. And it happens to ALL of us.

If they will let you talk to them but they have that attitude that you are the enemy, just move on. Agent Killer.

These door to door techniques are great for screening out the wrong people and spending the majority of your time on the right people. Once you are past that 3rd question with the right people you couldn't hardly say anything wrong enough to NOT have a good chance of an appointment and a new client.

Great information guys. Too many agents just try to make a sale. There is a whole psychology behind doing this successfully. There is a lot more to it than simply making a presentation.

I believe it is knowing how to prospect and identify qualified buyers. Anyone can sell this stuff to an interested, qualified buyer. This job really is prospecting for insurance, not selling it.

This is one of the best threads I have seen on this forum.

I believe it is knowing how to prospect and identify qualified buyers. Anyone can sell this stuff to an interested, qualified buyer. This job really is prospecting for insurance, not selling it.

Agreed! And thank you for this phrase. It is changing the way that I view my prospecting efforts as well.

I always try to remember that "A person convinced against his will is of the same opinion still."

Agreed! And thank you for this phrase. It is changing the way that I view my prospecting efforts as well.

I always try to remember that "A person convinced against his will is of the same opinion still."

I like that a lot. That is why agents get charge backs. They may be very convincing during the appointment but when they leave the house buyer's remorse sets in.

Newby and DHK, great posts.

I have a question for you, Newby. When you were doing this d2d survey, did you have a list of addresses for the demographic your were prospecting or did you just go door knocking?

Thanks,

Ron

Newby and DHK, great posts.

I have a question for you, Newby. When you were doing this d2d survey, did you have a list of addresses for the demographic your were prospecting or did you just go door knocking?

Thanks,

Ron

I was very unscientific with selecting neighborhoods. I would just select them by feel and seeing what signs of life there were during the day. I didn't have any info on them and that seemed to work fine.

Back