Survey For DOOR TO DOOR!

Absolutley NOT! First of all those are guard dropper questions. When I ask those two questions to my surprise the entire demeaner changes, and I think they began to view me differently than an average door to door sales agent. I want them to feel that I am interested in their concerns even if they are of a negative nature. It is a bring it on attitude from me, that so far makes them melt like butter.

Everyone has to find their own style that works for them. Results are the only way to judge what works and it's certainly working for you.

@jmatos I've been doing this d2d type survey as well but with different questions. I'm assuming you're doing this with consumers? I do it with new home owners...I wonder if this will work for b2b with employees etc. to perhaps get more people to talk to.

Keep up the good work.

This was an interview I did with one of my agents two years ago.
He was putting serious final expense premium on the books and I called to see how he was doing. I was fascinated at his door-to-door approach where he literally spent less than $200 per month on leads.

He averages $5,000 per week in commissions through a variety of final expense, Medicare supplement, single premium life, and annuity business.

You can listen to the interview here: (the video has nothing to do with the phone interview....I just wanted to make it easier to embed here...)

Last edited by a moderator:
My God!! I'm a southerner and by nature, I may speak a little slow, but geez, this guy talks slower than the grass grows!

And so he tells a lie about sending mail pieces out?

After he told the lie twice, I just couldn't listen anymore. Does he ever really say anything of value?

Actually, I thought about speeding it up, but then it sounded like Mickey Mouse...

My God!! I'm a southerner and by nature, I may speak a little slow, but geez, this guy talks slower than the grass grows!

After he told the lie twice, I just couldn't listen anymore. Does he ever really say anything of value?

I made it through the first 1:18 and couldn't go any further. How in the world did you make it through all 32 minutes?

Todd, he averages $5,000 per week, that's an average of $260,000 per year. If he is on a 115% contract, anything less would be screwing him, he is making almost as much as you are! I said "almost".

Just imagine how much he could sell if he didn't lie and would talk like a "real person".

I wonder what JDEasy would have to say about that kind of production? JD is my hero when it comes to selling FE, he is real pro. That means that JD is probably doing at least twice that amount.

Now that is approaching what you make.

I jumped to 6:49 and happened upon the beginning of a role play. Still painful listening. Didn't make it to minute 12. Here's what I gather: he knocks on 50-60 doors per day. Don't know his criteria for knocking. No numbers on presentations made. He leads with med supp to gain entry. Once inside he transitions to reviewing all policies under the guise of saving money. "Do you ever run out of money before you run out of month?"

I made it through the first 1:18 and couldn't go any further. How in the world did you make it through all 32 minutes?

Todd, he averages $5,000 per week, that's an average of $260,000 per year. If he is on a 115% contract, anything less would be screwing him, he is making almost as much as you are! I said "almost".

Just imagine how much he could sell if he didn't lie and would talk like a "real person".

I wonder what JDEasy would have to say about that kind of production? JD is my hero when it comes to selling FE, he is real pro. That means that JD is probably doing at least twice that amount.

Now that is approaching what you make.

His slow talking makes him more non threatening to the seniors. He is doing this with a female (wife or assistant) with him on the call. Is doing this type of thing with someone else more effective?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Can someone post what questions you would do in a survey if your were doing this soley for FE.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back