What Amway Taught Me!

I could sell SA-8, LOC and the air fresheners no problem. But they don't want that, they want you to recruit. Hated the idea of recruiting, loved the idea of selling--bad match with Amway.

Today they hardly even sell to the public. They buy internally for PV and recruit. I have yet to be able to find anyone in the last 2 decades willing to sell me a box of SA-8. Very sad commentary. And if I could find someone to sell me a box, they'd likely want to recruit me to "join their team of successful dream-building entrepreneurs" (most of whom aren't selling anything outside of their pyramid and making less than minimum wage anyway).

So I found a distributor and am now an Amway consumer. They LOC brand, the SA8 detergent, and men's personal care products are the best. One less trip to Wally World each month for sure. And there is beauty in that by itself.

While I have never been sold on multilevel marketing, I have spent time with many of those that have been in the business. I heard the President of Amway say once, "You cant say the wrong thing to the right person." I have to agree. The same holds true on anything that you attempt to sell. It all boils down to getting in front of the right people. Some will, Some Wont, So What, Who is next?

I have always been sold on MLM, because everything is a pyramid - Proctor and Gamble, for example is a Pyramid and we the consumer are its base. Unfortunately, when you recommend a P&C product to someone else, P&C does not send you a check for doing so like an MLM co. I love it, I believe in it, and I can put a group of 250 people together inside of a couple months - getting them to actually WORK is another thing. LOL! So it was fun for awhile - another lifetime ago - my buddy makes 90K a month at it - Noni Juice - has most of Asia under him ..... I will stick to Insurance ... NO - I do NOT want to join an MLM co - so don't ask -
:biggrin:

Last edited:
What Amway Taught Me was its a great way to lose friends fast.....

I had a buddy that did Amway. I went over there and he had a garage full of water filters. He kept the water filters and ditched the friend.:yes:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My mom's boyfriend took her for a weekend to the guy's house that did all the insurance and financial planning for Amway. They had been in the Marines together. They had put him in the pyramid at the beginning. He was at the top with the other big boys. She said he was wealthy.....

Last edited:
Made me appreciate the Insurance business, I feel better after selling a life policy, than I did after selling SA-8.

Back