Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Insurance Cold Calling Forum

Reply to What Demographics for Cold Call P&C List?     
Old 06-20-2017, 12:26 AM   #1
Expert

State: SueNami is an Insurance Agent from Pennsylvania
What Demographics for Cold Call P&C List? What Demographics for Cold Call P&C List?
I have a list provider (similar to sales genie) that allows me to determine my list demographics according to area, age, married, homeowner, credit score, annual income and more.

I haven't had great luck with my telemarketers so far, and I'm wondering if it's the demographics?

What do you all use as criteria for lists?
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to What Demographics for Cold Call P&C List?
Old 06-21-2017, 02:10 PM   #2
Super Genius
Rick Deckard on What Demographics for Cold Call P&C List?

State: Rick Deckard is an Insurance Agent from
What Demographics for Cold Call P&C List? Re: What Demographics for Cold Call P&C List?
What are you using now?

-I'm assuming you are cold-calling X-Dates for homeowners?

-Are you active in the Commercial side of P&C? If not then who do you plan on calling during the day? Most homeowners/folks work and are not home.

I'm as interested as you are. I think you should focus your TMs on the power hours which is typically 6pm-8pm M-Th and 9am-11am on Saturday. You also will find huge success on Sundays from 4pm-8pm but realize most folks including myself WILL NOT work much on Sundays.
Old 06-27-2017, 12:00 PM   #3
Expert

State: SueNami is an Insurance Agent from Pennsylvania
What Demographics for Cold Call P&C List? Re: What Demographics for Cold Call P&C List? SueNami is the thread starter for: What Demographics for Cold Call P&C List?

Originally Posted by Rick Deckard View Post
What are you using now?

-I'm assuming you are cold-calling X-Dates for homeowners?

-Are you active in the Commercial side of P&C? If not then who do you plan on calling during the day? Most homeowners/folks work and are not home.

I'm as interested as you are. I think you should focus your TMs on the power hours which is typically 6pm-8pm M-Th and 9am-11am on Saturday. You also will find huge success on Sundays from 4pm-8pm but realize most folks including myself WILL NOT work much on Sundays.
I just asked this question a slightly different way in another thread... to be honest I forgot I posted this one!

The other one is at [URL="http://www.insurance-forums.net/forum/insurance-cold-calling-forum/list-p-c-auto-there-best-way-generate-list-t89116.html"]

Got some good answers...

as far as hours- I have a few people who will be telemarketing in the evening during the week and on Saturday. So yes, I agree about the hours.

I just did a list that was very generic, didn't specify homeowners or not. Just limited by area code and age (30 - 45) and put a cap on total wealth (figured people better off may be less willing to trust someone calling their house out of the blue...). I'm going to track results and see if I see a pattern.

I'll post back here if I do.
Reply to What Demographics for Cold Call P&C List? 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Insurance Cold Calling Forum