What Questions Do You Ask?

virginiainsurance

I'm interested in hearing from those who primarily focus on personal lines and prospect through cold calling.

My first question is what is your target market?

Second do you open with home owners or auto?

And finally what questions are you asking on most of your calls or all of your calls to peak your suspects interest. What questions are you asking to find pain/need? And what questions are you asking to determine important underwriting criteria through conversation?

I'm interested in where this thread goes. I'm in the P & C industry and really need to be cold calling in a new market, but am hesitant to do so because I've never done it before, and we have a solid book of business and a great retention ratio..

I learned by picking up a phone and asking questions. You will quickly find out which ones work and don't.

Doesn't hurt to read about selling, psychology, persuasion, leadership, marketing, etc.

...after all it's your job.

Target market should be something you're good/competetive at: in my case we're great on homeowners and ok on auto so we focus our marketing to homeowners. Once we have the home our auto rates are then 20% better with the multi-policy discount making us competitive in auto too...

Unfortunately 80%+ of my market is do-not-call so cold-calling isn't a viable option for growth-it was 20 years ago when I started before DNC came about!

Back