What is the Success Rate in Cold Calling People.

Cold calling has worked for me personally on Medicare supplements, final expense, and small business group health insurance. The key thing is to make a TON of calls (using a dialer helps) and to be consistent with your pitch. Odds are your first revision isn't going to be a masterpiece (check out Free Telemarketing Scripts For Everyone! if you want an idea of where I come from when I do things), so make sure you do the same thing consistently so you can make changes and adjustments without as much guess work.

Are you looking to market any products in particular?

Cold calling is definitely one of the best ways to market because it is able to supplement pretty much everything you are doing for almost no price each month. You also get better at overcoming objections so when you have true people willing to buy, you are prepared from hearing it a lot on the phone.

Josh is also the guy to go to for some scripts (check the website he linked) and he also is the go-to for a list of people to call and autodialer software as well. He's your one-stop-shop and was an agent so he has actual advice, too.

Uniglobalz...one of the least expensive, most flexible and most responsive methods to generate new business quickly. However, I see agents all the time skip the basics i.e. call during peak hours (don't waste your time with others), use an inexpensive dialer for efficiency, start with a good script and hone it and make it your own, if you're using multiple scripts track results and call regularly. Too many agents talk themselves out of calling... it's like working out at the gym as you don't like doing it while you're doing it, but feel better when it's done. The biggest thing is talk to as many people... get in front of as many people... work as many applications as you can so you can expedite you're learning curve, hone your skills and create a repeatable formula for success. If you'd like more help, pm me when you get enough posts. You can do it!

Cory... Thanks for your post, can you tell me which is the best time to talk and how to talk coz moment one says I am calling from xyz insurance company, they just bang the phone.

Does cold calling works for anyone. People are so busy they just bang the phone. Please share your story

What products are you selling? It really varies based on product. Plus approach is 100% dependent on the product you're selling.

@uniglobalz...please do advise on the products you're selling. Some businesses you can call all day, but typically I find it best to call the first and last 1-2 hours of the day before they get into meetings, take early or late lunch, etc. Where you talking about businesses? If consumers, let me know but please do advise on products you're selling.

I believe in cold calling. Most of us dont like to do it. It does take a certain type of talent or skill. The most important thing is that you dont give up. If you call enough people, you will end up getting some kind of prospect or lead from it.

Doing something beats doing nothing. So if you are just sitting there and have nothing else to try or do, cold calling would not be a bad idea.

Marks right...the more people you call, the more leads you buy, the more appts you work...the quicker you will learn and the more you will learn. Most things are a numbers game...except my golf game...the more I play... not getting any better. haha.

Back