What's the best time of day for cold calling?

superfly33

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I've tried cold calling anywhere from all times of the day and early Saturday seems to gives the best but not always do-able. So I've been trying from late mornings (10am) on to early evenings (5pm) with mixed results.

Pros and cons of calling late morning to early evening.

Pros
1. Can spend more time with the kids and wife after work (most important).
2. People are more willing to talk to you i.e. the elderly, unemployed, self employed, and graveyard people.
3. The customer can actually come in during normal business hours to close the sale.

Cons
1.Less connection frequency.

What are your thoughts on this and feel free to share your experiences?

I pitch personal lines insurance like auto, home, health (indiv.), and life.

The product you sell doesn't matter much compared to the market you work. You have to be out when your market is available. If you don't like the times, change your market.

From my experience, cold calling works on all kinds of people of all ages. You just have to reach them at the right time to increase your chances of a sale.

From my experience, cold calling works on all kinds of people of all ages. You just have to reach them at the right time to increase your chances of a sale.

Yes, it's just talking to people, no matter what age. Nothing mystical about cold calling.

I've tried cold calling anywhere from all times of the day and early Saturday seems to gives the best but not always do-able. So I've been trying from late mornings (10am) on to early evenings (5pm) with mixed results.

Pros and cons of calling late morning to early evening.

Pros
1. Can spend more time with the kids and wife after work (most important).
2. People are more willing to talk to you i.e. the elderly, unemployed, self employed, and graveyard people.
3. The customer can actually come in during normal business hours to close the sale.

Cons
1.Less connection frequency.

What are your thoughts on this and feel free to share your experiences?

Cold calling in itself makes you more successful than most agents. How successful are you at referral gathering?

Cold calling in itself makes you more successful than most agents. How successful are you at referral gathering?
=============================
I'm in the insurance industry for just a little over a year so business from referrals are rather stagnant. I ask for referrals all the time but it's not going as well as I want so I have to cold to talk to new people every day.

You should never have to ask for referrals. A reminder is all that is needed if you have delivered exceptional service.

All of my emails have this tag line

Referrals are ALWAYS aprpeciated!

take care,

Bob

There are other things I do as well, but this is very passive and works without breaking a sweat.

Back