Votes: 18 40.0%
  • Other

Votes: 17 37.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Josh

Guru
5000 Post Club
We all know that the hardest part of selling insurance is typically finding people to talk to. Considering how cheap it is to cold call and how few people do it consistently, what keeps you from cold calling?

You need to add some options to your list.

- Not any good at it
- Tried but not profitable
- Embarrased or to shy
- I'm hot blooded, don't do anything cold

You'll get more honest answers. Your list is the excuses for the real reasons people don't cold call.

Dan

I have a fear of success. Somebody may actually want to buy something which means I'm gonna have to do paperwork. :swoon:

- Not any good at it
- Embarrased or to shy

You'll get more honest answers. Your list is the excuses for the real reasons people don't cold call.

Dan

I figured that's what the "other" option was for ;) Another option "Because I need get pumped up about it"

- Not any good at it
- Embarrased or to shy

Dan

"Not any good at it" should definitely be added. However, many think they "give good phone", most don't, and they just believe that it doesn't work.

"Too Lazy" should definitely be at the top of the list. Some are just too lazy to spend the time to learn to do it properly.

No one likes rejection, that's just human nature.

But I'd agree with Frank. If you're really committed to being successful in this industry, cold calling has to be a part of it, and it's easy to find something else to do.

If you choose not to do it, that's your choice, but if you're not as successful as you want to be, the place to look is the mirror.

Why? Because most agents (99% of them) are recruited into this business and never told the truth about marketing.

Once it hits 'em that they have to either buy leads (a budget most net agents don't have) or cold-call, most bolt right then and there.

But the direct answer to this question is simple; lack of realistic training.

I don't think it sounds crazy at all. I believe it would be the best way to target those who are T65. I would focus more on rural areas though.

If I didn't sell MA's as well, I would cold door knock all T65's. But in the grand world of CMS, that is a no no.

"But the direct answer to this question is simple; lack of realistic training. "

I couldn't agree more.

Last edited:
Back