Books And/or Trade Magazines

Indiana_Adam

Guru
100+ Post Club
Will you veterans and established life guys/gals make some suggestions as to any good books on the topic of life insurance and trade magazines and other sources that will help me increase my knowledge base?

Not looking for sales books, I've got shelves of those. Just sources that will help me be a better, more knowledgeable agent for my clients.

Thank you in advance!

There are more than half a dozen insurance magazines that are free to agents. Insurance Selling, Senior Advisor, Life & Health Advisor, and lots of others. Google Insurance Selling Magazine, and they will probably lead you to others.

Will you veterans and established life guys/gals make some suggestions as to any good books on the topic of life insurance and trade magazines and other sources that will help me increase my knowledge base?

Not looking for sales books, I've got shelves of those. Just sources that will help me be a better, more knowledgeable agent for my clients.
Adam, if you're looking to increase your life insurance knowledge base, have you considered taking a CLU course or two?

The American College

Not at this point. Once I've made it a bit longer, I def. want to start adding some letters behind my name. I will still take a look though, as my wallet isn't very fat yet.

Sidenote, Life is thus far a million times more interesting with the potential to be that many times more satisfying as well, than P&C, imho.

I agree with both of you.

I think LIVE LUTCF courses can be very beneficial... but not because of the course content. The content is VERY basic. (I took Essentials of Business Insurance through the online course.)

The reason it could be beneficial is to meet the instructor and other students in your area and brainstorm/network with them.

The online version is too scripted and doesn't leave a lot of 'wiggle room' for the time allotted.

If I were to continue my LUTCF, I'd do it locally.

I suggest the LUTCF because my understanding is that it will help develop sales skills not so much insurance knowledge. I have not taken either.

I suggest the LUTCF because my understanding is that it will help develop sales skills not so much insurance knowledge. I have not taken either.

Sales skills trump advance insurance knowledge when you are starting out.

I know a lot of CLUs that can not sell for shite. Many home office VPs and managers have CLU and a list of other letters after their name. And could not make a living selling insurance. Are there some big hitters that are CLU you betcha also some that are not.

Sales skills and prospecting skills will trump advanced alphabet soup in the early years.

IMHO

Back