CA Govt License Renewal Penalty

insurensure

Has any gone through for late renewal punishment , like on day late payment even though you have completed CE requirement. Will break your
25 ,30 year continuos license even though you pay whopping 50% penalty

You have to start all over with all carrier as a new kid with paper work and fees
CAN WE DO SOMETHING to chane PENALTY specially BREAKAGE rule

This is totally a dictatorship in the name damocracy

Ironically, if private businesses charged anywhere near the same 'late fees' as the government does, the government would impose rules about how harsh it was and business can't do it.

They exempt themselves from the very rules businesses have to live by.

Of course, you can't say you weren't warned. You should have gotten at least 1 renewal in the mail.

Dan

djs said:
Ironically, if private businesses charged anywhere near the same 'late fees' as the government does, the government would impose rules about how harsh it was and business can't do it.

They exempt themselves from the very rules businesses have to live by.

Of course, you can't say you weren't warned. You should have gotten at least 1 renewal in the mail.

Dan

ILEGAL RENEWAL LAW

1). First of all I did not got any notice in the mail

2) Govt has made a law that only email holder will get notice !
That is beside the point for our business we keep email account.
But to satisfy Govt law one has to maintain computer,internet,virus protection and more , just to receive one notice in two years.

That is nearly $1000 cost to agent so Govt send their free notice and save about 44 cents in postage !!

Com on guys let us do something

Does anyone know we can appeal this law or amend to level it is suitable for both sides

When verifying CE don't most people also look at their license expiration date? Yea I know things happen and people forget.. Then again some of the CE vendors do send out reminders along with their offers.

ILEGAL RENEWAL LAW

1). First of all I did not got any notice in the mail

2) Govt has made a law that only email holder will get notice !
That is beside the point for our business we keep email account.
But to satisfy Govt law one has to maintain computer,internet,virus protection and more , just to receive one notice in two years.

That is nearly $1000 cost to agent so Govt send their free notice and save about 44 cents in postage !!

Com on guys let us do something

Does anyone know we can appeal this law or amend to level it is suitable for both sides

Seriously, as an insurance agent, you don't have a computer, internet and an email account?

As with most things, not getting the notice (as long as it was sent) is not a reason to not pay it. I can pretty much tell you when my license renews. Its not a surprise.

Dan

Back