CEUs for L&H License Renewal

SukiSays

Expert
I've used Noble through the mail for years. I rarely can devote more than a half hour at a time so the convenience of marking my page in the book and resuming at my leisure works well for me. Are there any other recommendations for obtaining the 30 required CEUs for license renewal from this esteemed group? ;)

Thank you,
SukiSays

So what actually happens if you don't do your ce credits... I have heard from agents that they never complete ce courses but renew their license ever year with no problems.

I would never take this chance with my practice, just curious.

So what actually happens if you don't do your ce credits... I have heard from agents that they never complete ce courses but renew their license ever year with no problems.

I would never take this chance with my practice, just curious.

My manager did not finish his CEs on time and he was taking the Life/Health Exam again! :1smile:

I have used webce in the past and like them.

Most states require proof you have completed your CE's. Should you not renew your CE's, and continue to sell insurance, then it may been seen that you are selling insurance without a valid license. I would venture to say the DOI would frown at that and then it may not matter if you do your CE's as they can just not allow you to sell anymore.

I also like webce, both for cost and choice of courses.

As far as non-compliance with CEUs is concerned, here is the rule as posted on the KS DOI site:
Licenses Cancelled for Noncompliance with CE Requirements

If a Kansas resident or nonresident license is suspended or terminated for failure to submit continuing education/renewal requirements the producer must provide:
  • Resident Producer
    • Reinstatement fee of $100 per continuing education category.
    • Proof that CE hours have been completed. If the CE provider does not submit the producer course information electronically, the producer must submit the KCE-4 or an official grade report from a provider of professional designation courses to the Kansas Insurance Department.
    • Company appointment and/or application forms and fees may be required, dependent upon the length of time that has passed from the producer's renewal due date.
  • Nonresident Producer
    • $50 biennial license fee.
    • Certification Letter from the producer's home state is not required. License status will be verified through PDB as proof of continuing education compliance (PDB Participating State Report at http://www.nipr.com/html/nrlHomeStates.html).
    • Company appointment and/or application forms and fees may be required, dependent upon the length of time that has passed from the producer's renewal due date.

I prefer Noble, online only though... In December I did 24 hours online with Noble for 50.00

I also like webce, both for cost and choice of courses.

As far as non-compliance with CEUs is concerned, here is the rule as posted on the KS DOI site:
Licenses Cancelled for Noncompliance with CE Requirements

If a Kansas resident or nonresident license is suspended or terminated for failure to submit continuing education/renewal requirements the producer must provide:
  • Resident Producer
    • Proof that CE hours have been completed. If the CE provider does not submit the producer course information electronically, the producer must submit the KCE-4 or an official grade report from a provider of professional designation courses to the Kansas Insurance Department.
  • Nonresident Producer
    • $50 biennial license fee.
    • Certification Letter from the producer's home state is not required. License status will be verified through PDB as proof of continuing education compliance (PDB Participating State Report at http://www.nipr.com/html/nrlHomeStates.html).

Back