Continuing Education req changed in CA

I have to laugh - seems like every state requires a CE course in Ethics.

I was finishing up Grad School back in the mid 80's - about the time "Wall Street" and "Greed is Good" became fashionable. There was a huge scramble to require all students (Undergrad and Grad) to complete a semester in an Ethics course.

I never really understood that - either you have 'em or you don't. If you have not learned and practiced ethical behavior by the time you are a young adult, it's a lost cause. Taking a course in them is not going to change which course of action you choose to pursue.

Tongue 'n' cheek - I think that NAA was behind the push to require only a Life License and Mega was behind the Health/Accident portion. I'm sure they both fought very hard to get rid of the Ethics requirement.

Quite true, but it makes some people feel all warm and fuzzy when we have to refresh our ethics foundation. The license regulations for agents are a joke.

well every state has their different requirements. Nevada, where i'm in, is a great example. Due to the high "transience" in Las Vegas and other major cities in Nevada, the department of insurance requires an 80% to pass all examinations. Only those with determination & willingness pass and let me tell you, it wasn't easy for me.

Back