Continuing Education

I completed my CE and renewed my license. Afterwards I started my new two year period. My CE can be done anytime in those two years. Do the CE at the tail end of one renewal period and the other at the beginning of the next one and you can get by with one fee

that's a good idea. although I'm too late to take advantage of that this time, it would be nice to go ahead and get next renewal's credits done. then I wouldn't have to worry about it again until 2018.

question: my license was set to expire end of March. can I start taking classes right away since my license has already been renewed, or do I need to wait until April or longer for the classes to carryover?

that's a good idea. although I'm too late to take advantage of that this time, it would be nice to go ahead and get next renewal's credits done. then I wouldn't have to worry about it again until 2018.

question: my license was set to expire end of March. can I start taking classes right away since my license has already been renewed, or do I need to wait until April or longer for the classes to carryover?

In Indiana it runs from period to period. As far as I know I could finish my CE for the period on the last day of the last month of the renewal period and start the next day which would be the first day of the new period with the CE. For me that would be to finish on December 31 and start over on January 1. They don't care how far apart or close together the CE is done as long as I do 24 hours in each 2 year period.

You cannot roll over in Indiana either. What I have to have is 24 CE credits every two year period. Here is how I worked it with Kaplan. I waited till three months before my credits were due and signed up with Kaplan. I completed my CE and renewed my license. Afterwards I started my new two year period. My CE can be done anytime in those two years. Do the CE at the tail end of one renewal period and the other at the beginning of the next one and you can get by with one fee with Kaplan since they will give you unlimited access for one year.

Three months before???

Don't you wait until the night before? What if you get hit by a bus and never need it? Think if the way yo wasted some of your final hours.

Three months before? That's crazy talk!

Three months before???

Don't you wait until the night before?

I got burnt two years ago procrastinating.

although I submitted everything two and a half weeks before my expiration date, Ohio's computer system went down (this was March 2012), and they couldn't process any renewals.

as a result, they extended the grace period for an extra month. that was fine with most carriers. but one of my largest carriers shut me down until it was processed. I was crippled for four or five days. never again!

Last edited:
Back