Designation Courses for P&c

yeah i think i will take CIC, since i got a scholarship from one of the ny insurance carriers to go! will update my reviews accordingly

i just want to learn more of this stuff in depth, i know all the basics, but i never really learnt it being broken down and why this is so. i think most of my threads are questions, i dont understand coverage languages.

yeah i think i will take CIC, since i got a scholarship from one of the ny insurance carriers to go! will update my reviews accordingly

i just want to learn more of this stuff in depth, i know all the basics, but i never really learnt it being broken down and why this is so. i think most of my threads are questions, i dont understand coverage languages.

I am relatively new to the agency side of business and just finished my CISR. AINS and CISR are sort of the same class/information (I had previously taken INS courses). Either will give you the basics on ISOs and coverages. As an agency owner, you would probably be better off to take the AINS. CIC is then a good step for more in depth knowledge of the basics learned in AINS/CISR. ARM is a good designation for learning all levels of risks and their management. CPCU would then be the logical step for well rounded knowledge needed as an agent. It also shows a true commitment to your business and customers. Research each and tailor your courses and designations to the type of business you would like to attract at the time. Acquiring additional knowledge is never a waste! I wish you great success with your agency!

Last edited:
A bit off topic if I may BUTT in, mates. I DO have the P&C letters but can't find a bloody soul that will underwrite my ship. Quick loss, I suppose.

I agree with the mate who said forget the letters, become a pirate, and seize alot of ships, cargo, bars, flats, and the like, and get some money. Well, maybe the bloke didn't put it exactly like that, but ye get my driftwood, eh? Then you got the money and time to collect all the letters you want.

Me-self, I'm more life and health. Well, health not so much, what good is that when the bloke is dead?

Look, you're talkin' to a pirate armed to the (admittedly false) teeth! It's either hand over the premium (large), and when ye die mate, ye mistress gets rich. Otherwise, ye die broke, I gets ye mistress, willingly. And sometimes both. :1tongue:

They ain't bloody dumb, they hand it over, mate.

A bit off topic if I may BUTT in, mates. I DO have the P&C letters but can't find a bloody soul that will underwrite my ship. Quick loss, I suppose.

I agree with the mate who said forget the letters, become a pirate, and seize alot of ships, cargo, bars, flats, and the like, and get some money. Well, maybe the bloke didn't put it exactly like that, but ye get my driftwood, eh? Then you got the money and time to collect all the letters you want.

Me-self, I'm more life and health. Well, health not so much, what good is that when the bloke is dead?

Look, you're talkin' to a pirate armed to the (admittedly false) teeth! It's either hand over the premium (large), and when ye die mate, ye mistress gets rich. Otherwise, ye die broke, I gets ye mistress, willingly. And sometimes both. :1tongue:

They ain't bloody dumb, they hand it over, mate.

This is the most informative, original troll I have yet to see on this forum.

WELCOME ABOARD MATEY!

Latest posts

Back