Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Insurance Continuing Education Forum

Reply to God Bless You WebCE     
Old 09-03-2012, 04:46 AM   #11
Guru
Norwayguy on God Bless You WebCE

State: Norwayguy is an Insurance Agent from Maine
Norwayguy is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
God Bless You WebCE Re: God Bless You WebCE
Originally Posted by xrac View Post
27 hours in how many hours?
I've been using Webce for the last 3 or 4 CE Periods Biannually. I have yet to actually read the course I just jump to the exams and take the test. It drive my wife crazy as I complete my 2 years of CE in less than an hour while she has to go to classes for weeks to complete her CE to work in a daycare.
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to God Bless You WebCE

Old 09-03-2012, 08:49 AM   #12
Super Genius

State: Zydo is an Insurance Agent from North Carolina
I remember those days of jumping to the exams and taking the test. It was a great way to do your CE. Now, in NC, you must be logged into the course for the entire duration before you can take the test. 24 hours of credits means you are logged in for 24 hours.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:13 AM   #13
Guru
xrac on God Bless You WebCE

State: xrac is an Insurance Agent from Indiana
xrac is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Originally Posted by Norwayguy View Post
I've been using Webce for the last 3 or 4 CE Periods Biannually. I have yet to actually read the course I just jump to the exams and take the test. It drive my wife crazy as I complete my 2 years of CE in less than an hour while she has to go to classes for weeks to complete her CE to work in a daycare.
If you know your stuff you know the answers.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Originally Posted by Zydo View Post
I remember those days of jumping to the exams and taking the test. It was a great way to do your CE. Now, in NC, you must be logged into the course for the entire duration before you can take the test. 24 hours of credits means you are logged in for 24 hours.
That sucks. So can you log in and leave the computer on all night?

X

Last edited by xrac; 09-03-2012 at 09:14 AM. Reason: Posts merged
Old 09-03-2012, 09:19 AM   #14
Super Genius

State: Zydo is an Insurance Agent from North Carolina
If your computer is idle for more than 15 minutes, you are logged out of the course.

This time around, I will order the books and take the paper test.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:35 AM   #15
Guru

State: russelltw is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
russelltw is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
In the past, I used an online service that made the test bubble sheet the same series of answers for every test they had. It did not take long to realize what they were doing. I guess that's one way to grade a paper...

NC Medicare Supplement
Old 09-03-2012, 11:29 AM   #16
Guru
xrac on God Bless You WebCE

State: xrac is an Insurance Agent from Indiana
xrac is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
If your computer is idle for more than 15 minutes, you are logged out of the course.

This time around, I will order the books and take the paper test.
That is so stupid because different people have different reading and comprehension rates. If I read every word of those CE classes and took the test it still wouldn't take 1/2 the time those are suppose to be for. The stupid Department of Insurance doesn't care what you know they just want you to have sit there that long. That is really old school.

X

Last edited by xrac; 09-03-2012 at 05:14 PM.
Old 09-03-2012, 03:09 PM   #17
Guru
Expat on God Bless You WebCE

State: Expat is an Insurance Agent from Texas
Expat is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Originally Posted by xrac View Post
That is so stupid because different people have different reading and comprehension rates. If I read every word of those CE classes and took the test it still wouldn't take 1/2 the time those are suppose to be for. The stupid Department of Insurance doesn't care what you know they just want you to have set there that long. That is really old school.

More like old time stupid. I am thankful that I have finally been grandfathered and no longer have to waste time taking these stupid time wasting tests. Half of the questions have to do with subjects that are nothing whatsoever to do with life and health. Also a few of the answers they consider correct are flat out wrong.

Make sure that brain is in gear before operating mouth
Old 09-03-2012, 03:36 PM   #18
Guru
Norwayguy on God Bless You WebCE

State: Norwayguy is an Insurance Agent from Maine
Norwayguy is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
God Bless You WebCE
Originally Posted by Zydo
Crap that's like the training I have to take on annuities. Drives me nuts because what I used to be able to look at 1 sheet and know how a family of annuities worked I now have to take a course on each annuity in the family and 95% of the information is the same....So far they haven't caught that I am playing 5 course at once, the sound becomes just like that teacher in the Charlie Brown cartoons....wawawwaaaaaahh.
Old 09-07-2012, 03:18 PM   #19
Guru

State: donamese is an Insurance Agent from Arizona
Those are annoying. Wife just took the traffic school online. You had to wait for a time limit to click through then thy had a test at the end of sections and a final test. The final test was nothing about traffic safety, they were about Sparky. What is his favorite color? What does he like to eat at Jack in the Box? Etc. The reading material would randomly put a comment about Sparky in the paragraph just to see if you were reading.
Old 09-07-2012, 11:07 PM   #20
Guru
FEX Quotes on God Bless You WebCE

State: FEX Quotes is an Insurance Agent from New Jersey
FEX Quotes is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
God Bless You WebCE Better than WebCE
These guys are better than Web CE

UIECE.com: Insurance Continuing Education

24 hours / $25

You pay AFTER you pass, and you can preview the material BEFORE you decide to buy

It just doesn't get any easier than this. The only thing they won't allow is for your dog to proctor the exam.

There's No One With Endurance Like The Man Who Sells Insurance

Final Expense Quote Engine
Reply to God Bless You WebCE 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Insurance Continuing Education Forum