Inital 8 Hours of LTCI Training

There are a few courses you can take online per webinar. I don't remember the companies sure just do search on LTC 4 hour CE online or something like that and they will come up.

You also have to take a live class in Indiana.

there's a 'live class' for the indiana partnership that can be done online via webinar.

----------

I used Sandi Kruise and never had any problems, including their LTC courses in California.

As a minor side note: If you want to be able to sell CA Partnership policies, you have to take the live class in addition to the basic 8 hour LTC course that you can do online.

is anybody still selling ca partnership policies.
gimmeabreak.
when will ca (and indiana and CT ) wake up and allow 3.5% like NY does now.

there's a 'live class' for the indiana partnership that can be done online via webinar.

----------

is anybody still selling ca partnership policies.
gimmeabreak.
when will ca (and indiana and CT ) wake up and allow 3.5% like NY does now.

Ummm, I do.....(shrugs sheepishly)

Anyway, Scott, CA only requires $170 day with 5% compound. NY requires much higher daily benefit.

It all evens out.

Most states do not let you repeat a course in the next cycle. Did you repeat the course or take a different LTC course?

My license also renews every 2 years, so I am always on a different CE cycle. You can't take the same course in the same renewal cycle, but once you renew, you can take the same course again in the new cycle.

My license also renews every 2 years, so I am always on a different CE cycle. You can't take the same course in the same renewal cycle, but once you renew, you can take the same course again in the new cycle.

That is the same for Indiana. Every two year cycle I could repeat the same classes if I want to.

Last edited:
That is the same for Indiana. every two year cycle I could repeat the same classes.

Interesting, here you are not supposed to take it again in the next cycle. At least that is how I understood it. You could take a course on the same subject, but not the same exact course.

Interesting, here you are not supposed to take it again in the next cycle. At least that is how I understood it. You could take a course on the same subject, but not the same exact course.

And how it works in Maine....Also the courses are only approved by the state for a certain period of time and must be updated.

Having said that its not much of an issue, I go webce and go straight to the exam typically done in half an hour for the two years.

Back