Insurance Agent Designations

Kim, a simple "I apologize" for you questioning my ethics would have been appreciated.

It would be inappropriate for me to apologize. You never should have taken offense in the first place. I will apologize for calling you Veronica, if you want to apologize for suggesting my behavior was borderline criminal and possibly financially ruinous for presenting KP IFP to a client (different thread).

But I must ask, do you assume I'm Asian, because I eat Pad Thai for lunch, and therefore my name must be Mr. Kim?:skeptical::laugh:

Methinks there has been some miscommunication in this thread. I did not come here looking to insult you; unfortunately that did not stop me.

im a former public official.... can i use HON. before my name?.... yes.... do i???? hell no, ...... but whoppie do do.... to hell with all the letters b4 and after our name..... it dosent get a claim paid faster of make a commission check show up in my account quicker....

Rick, I am going with Padthaiforlunch on this one. I think he was trying to offer some good advice. You seem to have taken it too hard. I happen to agree that the CSA designation is a negative, and I never brought this up to you before (live and let live, etc.). But I, too, as a friendly suggestion would say something similar.

I can like you and disagree with you at the same time. If you dump on me for what I think is a helpful suggestion, you alienate me. This is a universal truth and you should recognize it. Cool, bro.

The LUTC is good for new people who want a basic introduction to insurance planning, but I wouldn't use it as a designation as I consider it be the equivalent of putting an Associates Degree title next to your name (A.A. or A.S.).

I use the LUTCF designation. That was the designation I was given 23 years ago. Has it changed? I agree, it is the equivalent to an associates degree but I still use it until I get my CLU. I spent a lot of time in those classes and learned a lot.

Makes me look smart too. When chicks see: Doug Fortner, LUTCF they get a glassy look in their I eye and start drooling.

Rick,

I can like you and disagree with you at the same time. If you dump on me for what I think is a helpful suggestion, you alienate me. This is a universal truth and you should recognize it. Cool, bro.

I've been telling him that for the better part of a year... but to no avail. Maybe YOU will get the message across to him. He and everyone needs to understand that this is a web-board... not real life! :no:

Al

Rick, I am going with Padthaiforlunch on this one. I think he was trying to offer some good advice. You seem to have taken it too hard. I happen to agree that the CSA designation is a negative, and I never brought this up to you before (live and let live, etc.). But I, too, as a friendly suggestion would say something similar.

I already had stated that I was dropping all designations from my business cards and stationery as they really mean nothing to the general public.

I stated I thought I gained a lot personally from the CSA course.

My objection was and still is when anyone says that I might be less than ethical.

Rick

Back