Louisiana CE Blues--------

Cenla Agent

Guru
1000 Post Club
CE Blues------------------

As usual, I've put off CE until almost the last minute. But I've always used WebCE and gotten it knocked out in an evening or two without much trouble. Not this time! Louisiana has decided that you should actually read the courses, and at a relatively slow speed at that. (I've always at least skimmed them anyway.) So if it is a 4 hour course, you have to spend 3 hours and 20 minutes in the course or you can't take the test. WebCE logs you out after a few minutes of inactivity, so you can't just leave the window open and let the clock run indefinitely either. You used to be able to download a PDF of the courses too, but not anymore. You aren't supposed to be able to print it out, although the test is still open book.

Well, I know what I'll be doing for much of the next day or two. Thankfully they still have next day reporting.

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up on that. I was going to use Web CE, now I need to look for other options where I can skim thru and take the test.

Thanks for the heads up on that. I was going to use Web CE, now I need to look for other options where I can skim thru and take the test.

I don't know that it is coming from Web CE's end. I came away with the idea that it is a Louisiana DOI regulation. But let us know if you find out otherwise.

As usual, I've put off CE until almost the last minute. But I've always used WebCE and gotten it knocked out in an evening or two without much trouble. Not this time! Louisiana has decided that you should actually read the courses, and at a relatively slow speed at that. (I've always at least skimmed them anyway.) So if it is a 4 hour course, you have to spend 3 hours and 20 minutes in the course or you can't take the test. WebCE logs you out after a few minutes of inactivity, so you can't just leave the window open and let the clock run indefinitely either. You used to be able to download a PDF of the courses too, but not anymore. You aren't supposed to be able to print it out, although the test is still open book.

Well, I know what I'll be doing for much of the next day or two. Thankfully they still have next day reporting.

My experience was slightly different had to view every page and pass quizes to take the test but no forced timer so still quick must be a state issue.

My experience was slightly different had to view every page and pass quizes to take the test but no forced timer so still quick must be a state issue.

That definitely appears to be the case. WebCE says as much. I could do as you describe until this year.

Back