Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Insurance Continuing Education Forum

Reply to Louisiana CE Blues--------     
Old 06-28-2016, 10:51 AM   #1
Guru

State: Cenla Agent is an Insurance Agent from Louisiana
Cenla Agent is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Louisiana CE Blues-------- CE Blues------------------
As usual, I've put off CE until almost the last minute. But I've always used WebCE and gotten it knocked out in an evening or two without much trouble. Not this time! Louisiana has decided that you should actually read the courses, and at a relatively slow speed at that. (I've always at least skimmed them anyway.) So if it is a 4 hour course, you have to spend 3 hours and 20 minutes in the course or you can't take the test. WebCE logs you out after a few minutes of inactivity, so you can't just leave the window open and let the clock run indefinitely either. You used to be able to download a PDF of the courses too, but not anymore. You aren't supposed to be able to print it out, although the test is still open book.

Well, I know what I'll be doing for much of the next day or two. Thankfully they still have next day reporting.
------------------------------------

Last edited by Cenla Agent; 06-28-2016 at 12:54 PM.
  Reply With Quote to Louisiana CE Blues--------

Old 06-29-2016, 11:39 AM   #2
Guru
saintstigers on Louisiana CE Blues--------

State: saintstigers is an Insurance Agent from
Louisiana CE Blues-------- Re: Louisiana CE Blues--------
Thanks for the heads up on that. I was going to use Web CE, now I need to look for other options where I can skim thru and take the test.
Old 07-02-2016, 06:04 AM   #3
Guru

Louisiana CE Blues-------- Re: Louisiana CE Blues-------- Cenla Agent is the thread starter for: Louisiana CE Blues--------

Originally Posted by saintstigers View Post
Thanks for the heads up on that. I was going to use Web CE, now I need to look for other options where I can skim thru and take the test.
I don't know that it is coming from Web CE's end. I came away with the idea that it is a Louisiana DOI regulation. But let us know if you find out otherwise.
Old 07-02-2016, 06:38 AM   #4
Guru
Norwayguy on Louisiana CE Blues--------

State: Norwayguy is an Insurance Agent from Maine
Norwayguy is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Louisiana CE Blues--------
Originally Posted by Cenla Agent View Post
As usual, I've put off CE until almost the last minute. But I've always used WebCE and gotten it knocked out in an evening or two without much trouble. Not this time! Louisiana has decided that you should actually read the courses, and at a relatively slow speed at that. (I've always at least skimmed them anyway.) So if it is a 4 hour course, you have to spend 3 hours and 20 minutes in the course or you can't take the test. WebCE logs you out after a few minutes of inactivity, so you can't just leave the window open and let the clock run indefinitely either. You used to be able to download a PDF of the courses too, but not anymore. You aren't supposed to be able to print it out, although the test is still open book.

Well, I know what I'll be doing for much of the next day or two. Thankfully they still have next day reporting.
My experience was slightly different had to view every page and pass quizes to take the test but no forced timer so still quick must be a state issue.
Old 07-08-2016, 02:33 PM   #5
Guru

Louisiana CE Blues-------- Re: Louisiana CE Blues-------- Cenla Agent is the thread starter for: Louisiana CE Blues--------

Originally Posted by Norwayguy View Post
My experience was slightly different had to view every page and pass quizes to take the test but no forced timer so still quick must be a state issue.
That definitely appears to be the case. WebCE says as much. I could do as you describe until this year.
Reply to Louisiana CE Blues-------- 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Insurance Continuing Education Forum