LUCTF, FSS, CLU, Etc...

I am a CPCU, CLU, RHU, and FLMI and found all of them very interesting. I was hungry to learn and they helped me in many areas. It's dry learning as I did it all on my own, however, I wanted to learn so I did it. Each company I've worked for has paid for each designation which was also nice (although it was on a reimbursement basis). I highly recommend taking classes. I enojoyed the CPCU the most. The CLU was the hardest of them all.

Hello all

I did a search on the forum for CLU after reading an article in insurancenews.net called "The Real Story Behind Landing the Big Case." That article indicated that for cases when you are working with a client who has other advisors such as attorneys and CPAs, that having this type of credential is helpful. Most of the posts here didn't seem to agree so was wondering if you all had any reaction to that article.

Thanks

InsuranceNewsNet Magazine Online Issue // April 2012

Last edited:
My A.M gave me some literature on LUCTF, he claims it teaches you ways to improve your sales ability and the company pays for half after you succesfully complete the course. I like the thought of learning more about insurance but right now I need to learn how to produce more appointments.

Hello all

I did a search on the forum for CLU after reading an article in insurancenews.net called "The Real Story Behind Landing the Big Case." That article indicated that for cases when you are working with a client who has other advisors such as attorneys and CPAs, that having this type of credential is helpful. Most of the posts here didn't seem to agree so was wondering if you all had any reaction to that article.

Thanks

InsuranceNewsNet Magazine Online Issue // April 2012

The CLU is great education to possess abolutely. However, for the newby learning to sell is more which is why the first designation I would complete is the LUTCF especially if done in a live class.

Last edited:
If anybody is pursuing their ChFC, CLU, CASL or CPCU designations, then you need to check out "BigDaddyU". These DVD course overviews are invaluable! (Looks like he's developing the CPCU courses currently - he's only got 2 on his site.)

Scott Wasserman does a fantastic job of explaining the information in the textbook and putting it into a format that's useful and easier to remember.

BigDaddy University - Home - Providing CLU, ChFC, & CASL Study Materials

Big Daddy series sounds pretty good....so you can take the tests, without taking the Am Coll classes and if you pass you get the credit ?

Last edited:
Back