[Review] Top 9 Continuing Education (CE) Providers for Insurance Agents

Glen Shelton

Guru
1000 Post Club
Wondering which CE provider is the best for your line of insurance?

Lead Heroes combed the internet to find the most popular Continuing Education providers for agents. In our search we found 3 winners, 3 losers, and 3 mediocre vendors.

In our review of Continuing Education, we cover:

• The 16 insurance topics CE providers offer
• Which providers offer initial pre-licensing classes
• CE topics that are barely covered (and how to find better sources)
• Why all-inclusive packages can be traps for unsuspecting agents

We found some providers mentioned on this forum and other sites, but when we followed up with them, we found a lot only offered classes locally, not across every state. This review focuses on online classes that agents can take anywhere at their own pace, but if we’re missing a popular CE provider in our ranks, feel free to let us know in the comment section here in this thread or on our blog.

Who's the best CE provider?

Online-CE.jpg

Wondering which CE provider is the best for your line of insurance?

Lead Heroes combed the internet to find the most popular Continuing Education providers for agents. In our search we found 3 winners, 3 losers, and 3 mediocre vendors.

In our review of Continuing Education, we cover:

• The 16 insurance topics CE providers offer
• Which providers offer initial pre-licensing classes
• CE topics that are barely covered (and how to find better sources)
• Why all-inclusive packages can be traps for unsuspecting agents

We found some providers mentioned on this forum and other sites, but when we followed up with them, we found a lot only offered classes locally, not across every state. This review focuses on online classes that agents can take anywhere at their own pace, but if we’re missing a popular CE provider in our ranks, feel free to let us know in the comment section here in this thread or on our blog.

Who's the best CE provider?

Online-CE.jpg

Did you get a feel for how many CE providers are white labeling 360 Training materials?

I've used Sandi Kruise Insurance Continuing Education Training for years. Perhaps not as broad of an offering as WebCE, but it's priced competitively, very reliable CE reporting, and offers all my 'California required CE' in their unlimited CE package.

Btw, if you're trying to use CE to actually learn something, I find that you'd be very disappointed. CE is regulatory in nature... but I wouldn't mind being wrong.

Did you get a feel for how many CE providers are white labeling 360 Training materials?

I did not - but that is something I will keep an eye out for when I update this article down the road.

----------

I've used Sandi Kruise Insurance Continuing Education Training for years. Perhaps not as broad of an offering as WebCE, but it's priced competitively, very reliable CE reporting, and offers all my 'California required CE' in their unlimited CE package.

Btw, if you're trying to use CE to actually learn something, I find that you'd be very disappointed. CE is regulatory in nature... but I wouldn't mind being wrong.

Similarly to passing your licensing exam and thinking it will actually prepare you for your time in the field ... I agree. Thanks for sharing your recommendation!

I've actually learned quite a bit about business insurance, retirement and financial planning etc. from these classes. They're more than regulatory now, some even have sales meeting classes or lessons on how to do needs analysis etc. I would tend to agree with you when it comes to LIMRA AML or the 4 hour annuity required class...

Back