Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Insurance Continuing Education Forum

Reply to TN Continue Ed Insight     
Old 02-13-2017, 12:17 PM   #11
Guru
VolAgent on TN Continue Ed Insight

State: VolAgent is an Insurance Agent from Tennessee
VolAgent is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
TN Continue Ed Insight Re: TN Continue Ed Insight
Originally Posted by InsCommentary View Post
"Now, if you actually want to learn something, that is a completely different story."

Heaven forbid. Learning, competency, helping people protect their assets and income, avoiding E&O claims. Yech!
Don't shoot the messenger. I'm just telling you like it is. Standard CE isn't going to teach you much of anything. There are other providers of CE where you can learn, but most agents don't do those.

------------------------------------
You can pay the premium or you can own the loss.
  Reply With Quote to TN Continue Ed Insight

Old 02-13-2017, 12:22 PM   #12
Super Genius

State: InsCommentary is an Insurance Agent from
TN Continue Ed Insight Re: TN Continue Ed Insight
I get it. I know some very good agents that sometimes resort to this stuff, though they've spent a hundred hours or more in other kinds of relevant education. But it's a shame that regulators allow this kind of system gaming to exist. That's one reason I abhor mandatory CE...it's impossible to regulate because regulators lack the expertise to know what is relevant CE and even if they approve high quality education, that doesn't keep an agent who writes mainly construction industry accounts from doing CE with a course on personal watercraft. You can't mandate education.
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to TN Continue Ed Insight
Reply to TN Continue Ed Insight 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Insurance Continuing Education Forum