TN Continue Ed Insight

vic120

Guru
5000 Post Club
TN
I had moved 2 years ago from NY to TN, In NY I did the in classroom CE but seems they are not big on that here, Now I am trying to decide weather to do the Webinar type (with no test but is 24 hours of Webinars ) or the Web CE and do the test,

I am looking for insight on test version, Is it time consuming is it near as long study time as doing webinars anyway or is it fairly easy?

The test version would be much less expensive, but If the test is very time consuming or requires much study I would rather do webinar's as I already do much testing each year for Medicare but if its fairly easy I would prefer to save time over the hours of webinar

I had moved 2 years ago from NY to TN, In NY I did the in classroom CE but seems they are not big on that here, Now I am trying to decide weather to do the Webinar type (with no test but is 24 hours of Webinars ) or the Web CE and do the test,

I am looking for insight on test version, Is it time consuming is it near as long study time as doing webinars anyway or is it fairly easy?

The test version would be much less expensive, but If the test is very time consuming or requires much study I would rather do webinar's as I already do much testing each year for Medicare but if its fairly easy I would prefer to save time over the hours of webinar

Thanks for reminding me, I need to order mine today. My license is due in July.:yes:

Thanks for reminding me, I need to order mine today. My license is due in July.:yes:

Mine is June how is test is it fairly easy or would I need a ton of study time If I haven't had to do these tests as I have always done classroom CE.

Mine is June how is test is it fairly easy or would I need a ton of study time If I haven't had to do these tests as I have always done classroom CE.

The one I use is for Illinois only. It's self study and you can take the tet open book if you want. We also have to do a 3 hour live ethics class(which is a joke). I already did that last year. Several FMO's put it on for 1/2 price and you can carry it over.

If it takes you more than an hour or two to complete your 24 hours of online CE, you are probably over thinking it. Just make sure to complete some ethics and LTC if you want to be able to sell LTCi. The only reason to do it in advance is to make sure the DOI receives it in time so that you can renew your license.

Now, if you actually want to learn something, that is a completely different story.

I've always done it online with WebCE, my 20 hours usually takes less than one afternoon to complete.

"Now, if you actually want to learn something, that is a completely different story."

Heaven forbid. Learning, competency, helping people protect their assets and income, avoiding E&O claims. Yech!

That's not really fair-in our business we not only have CE but, for those doing Medicare, annual AHIP and carrier certifications. We spend lots of time dealing with compliance, regulatory, and product issues and need to be fully proficient in our product niche in order to do our jobs properly.

Don't get me wrong. I abhor mandatory CE and I recognize that there are many ways to learn, many of which earn zero CE credit. My expertise is in P&C...I know enough about L&H to, well, know almost nothing about L&H. Good agents may spend a couple of hours in a week research a coverage or claim issue using IRMI's outstanding reference materials. What CE credit do they get? None. Given IRMI's well-deserved reputation for technical excellence, it's disheartening to see them associated with a CE provider that isn't really providing any education, or at least in the quantity and quality implied by the law.

Back