Who Do You Use for Continuing Education?

I use BCBS for most of my hours. The seminars are free and informative and usually you recieve three hours CE credits. They offered the 3 hours of ethis via a free webinar last year.

Mark those things are Cool! How long do they live? Where do you buy them? Or do you catch them?

Captive mantis live about 13 months at best. In the wild they all die off in the winter time.

They are breeding machines because of this reason.

One female can lay at least 50 eggs and each egg has at least 200 babies inside.

The best place to get eggs if you can't find any is ebay. You can get the eggs for about 50 cent to 1 dollar each.

Buy you a cheap fish tank that is enclosed and put a light bulb next to the glass.

They will molt about 7 times. When they are first born, they won't eat each other. It gives them time to spread out. I buy some wingless fruit flies from ebay or online and feed them. You have to have sticks near by for them to molt on. You want to spray water on them every two days and be sure and keep the light bulb on them. I also put moss on the bottom of my tanks. It soaks in the water, and will keep things just right.

Every March I have about 50 eggs. I release and sell a lot of them. I always keep about 5 of them. They do start eating each other, so you have to keep them apart.

I let mine out at night. To get them to come back to me, I turn off all the lights and leave 1 light on, and he will return to it. They get use to you after a while.

They love to eat moths. Leave the light on outside..and catch you some. I also feed mine crickets, yellow jackets, flies, spiders and other crazy stuff.

Right now is mating season.

Be sure and order you some eggs from ebay for about 50 cent each and get you a small fish tank. You will have a lot of fun with them. If nothing else, just release them after they hatch.

Back