Why Do You Need Insurance Continuing Education?

farhan

In order to remain up to date in the insurance industry, all insurance agents needs to take certification courses of specific credit hours so they can stay under the legal requirements prescribed by their state government.

But do you really think why are these courses required and how are they useful?

They give the DOI of various states a good feeling that they actually regulate agents.

The reality is, the CE is completely worthless and companies should be the ones assuring competence of their agents.

Rick

oh.....come on....the online course's are so fun.......Glad I only have one more round before I am grandfathered....

oh.....come on....the online course's are so fun.......Glad I only have one more round before I am grandfathered....

Gee wish that existed in Maine, the grandfathering that is, I don't mind the CE as I am always looking to increase my knowledge of my chosen profession however what the state allows for CE should point out how worthless the CE requirements are, either you will seek the knowledge anyways or you will once every 2 years spend 30 minutes online just taking the CE tests.

They give the DOI of various states a good feeling that they actually regulate agents.

The reality is, the CE is completely worthless and companies should be the ones assuring competence of their agents.

Rick

I agree,I"m grandfathered...for CE now.It does raise much money for the states.

In order to remain up to date in the insurance industry, all insurance agents needs to take certification courses of specific credit hours so they can stay under the legal requirements prescribed by their state government.

But do you really think why are these courses required and how are they useful?

Of course they are!:biggrin:

So the DOI generate revenue. DOI (Dip-into Others Income)

I crack myself up. :D:D

They don't generate revenue on the agents in this way...I assume but am not sure if the CE Providers have to pay a fee to get their program approved.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Also I love my DOI, after being under FINRAs thumb the Maine DOI is a blessing to be regulated by. Ever have a question pick up the phone and call them and get the answer....Now with my B/D and FINRA there was never a reason to call the answer will always be no.

Last edited:
whether they are worth anything is up to you as an agent. If you want to just get through it, take what you already know. If you want to learn something new, kill two birds with one stone.

It can be a pain the ass, but you can also make it a situation where you can learn something new.

Latest posts

Back