Aged Term Life Leads

scotte

Guru
100+ Post Club
Does any one know of a good company for aged(45 to 60 day old) term life leads. Some sort of wholesaler of slightly older leads. I remember reading here someone saying that a lot of call centers will bye old leads for their agents. I need a cheap source of leads; at least that is better than opening up a phone book!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Oddly I don't know many lead companies offering this. Of course then they can't sell there leads as truely exclusive/

Last edited:
Re: The Best Way to Get Leads

Cold calls are a damn good thing...

Have you ever made calls like that before?

My first job in financial planning in 2001 was with a small local firm in the Detroit area, owned by one guy that was trying to expand by hiring college graduates.

It was myself and two other young guys. (MSU, UofM and WMU) Let me tell you, we made calls like you've never seen guys make calls before, and do you know what?

Ha, it was a freakin disaster! Literally, thousands upon thousands of calls without any appointments for a full year. I made less than $6,000 commission in 12 months my first year out of college!

I was angry, depressed, and felt deceived by the man that hired us because he wouldn't give us any of his clients from his book to work.

So what's the point...

Well, it's true that old calls S-U-C-K, but you know what... You learn more than you could ever imagine and that training is the foundation for your success in the insurance industry.

Nobody can you teach you how to fail but yourself.

You become a master at recognizing objections, tone of voice, and emotions. Through trial and error, you memorize which responses work best at certain times.

You build confidence in yourself to make more calls because you know there is nothing you will hear that you haven't heard before.

I could go on and on about everything you learn from cold calling but sine we're in a forum I will cut this short.

The biggest thing is this. You learn how to gather information. You'd be absolutely amazed at how much people will tell a complete stranger over the phone.

(This was the #1 thing I learned from the certified financial planner that hired me. In fact, he's probably the reason that I finished all the courses for the CFP.)

It's funny how I'm pondering the events of 8 years ago as I write this.

Anyway, back to my story.... so yeah, If you ask people they will tell you. It's as simple as that, but there is a sequence that you must walk them through before they will reveal their personal information.

When people reveal their personal information and emotion over the phone, that's when you set the appointment.

We teach our agents all of this. We but some of our leads through naaleads but we try to teach our national agents alliance team to focus on referrals.

James Blackburn

I actually love old leads or aged leads or what we call "B" Leads.

At some time the leads were thinking about buying insurance, and a lot of them never did and I have another shot at them.

I currently have a large sum of "B" mortgage and final expense leads that I received over the last couple of years ago and did not have much luck. They cover mostly Maryland and Virginia in the Washington, DC area. If anyone is interested in discussing this further I am open.

Ron Jennings
The Jennings Business Group

If you plan on calling, any lead over 90 days old is useless because of the DNC list.

Back