Any Lead Companies Worth Mentioning?

I spend close to $800 a month on insurance leads and I can say that the lead quality has gone down ever since bankdrate took over the market (agentinsider, netquote, and insureme.)

Stay away from hometownquotes 99% of the leads are incentive driven, once the sales rep took your money he/she will never talk to you and the service reps are slow when it comes to adding and removing zip code. They do have great filters but it doesn't mean a thing when 9 of the 10 leads are incentive driven.

Stay away from Hometown quotes because they do not have a true internal SEO team and just keep hiring and firing sales rep.

Quotewizzard uses the same "lead generation" method... most of these leads are recycled leads and/or use incentive method from a 3rd party company EX: get a free iPhone 6 by filling out an auto, home/renter/condo, mortgage quote. They then sell the info to 8 to 15 agents.

They all said they've spent billion $$$ and came up with a NEW system for solid leads. BS!!

I hired a marketing rep and have her to visit mortgage companies and car dealership sand pay her $1200 a month to work 20 hours a week as long as she can generate 60 solid leads per month. My closing ratio is now 80%

I'm still around....have been since 2004:)

Thanks for the HTQ comments guys. I try my best to be transparent & have talked to many of you 1-1 from time to time.

Internet leads: Processes. Drip email campaigns. One thing that is working well for many is InfusionSoft as a CRM. It has many tools that work with it like AppointmentCore.com. We have lead consumers scheduling Intake appointments without ever talking to anyone. Or they call in & a trained staff member does the intake over the phone. They do not quote. They set up the expectation & the next appointment/follow up, where an agent will review the proposal with them. It works folks.

What do your processes look like? As an Independent Agent you have to overcome the brand identity, not just who you are. [This is Bob from ABC Insurance vs. this is Bob from Allstate Insurance] What does your website look like in 2015? How about your email address? Are you a business or does you email say: @aol.com, @yahoo.com or @gmail.com? Horrible way to do business but many still do as we deliver leads to them every day.

Happy to talk leads & processes anytime. Phone & email in my signature below!

Bob

Oh yeah: How about the SEC last week? Zero losses on opening weekend. Way to go KY & Vandy for winning your games!:) hehe

Bob is first class he helped me a lot (Tom).

I was working for an agency about 6 months ago. They were buying A&H leads from literally every vendor available. They did very well and were expanding quite rapidly. There are 3 companies I know of working strictly off internet leads and making a killing. Though national, the contracts and commissions were rather "interesting" to say the least. Bankrate, Adharmonics, QuoteWizard, All Web, just to name a few. They were purchasing thousands of leads daily.

The Metrics i've seen first hand are as follows.
Contact Rate: 50%
Quote of Contacted: 50%
Sold of Quoted: 25%

I am extremely familiar with this business model, feel free to PM with any questions.

yeah...I'm calling major BS on this one. Not a chance in hell that you'll hit those numbers over large volumes with those lead vendors.

yeah...I'm calling major BS on this one. Not a chance in hell that you'll hit those numbers over large volumes with those lead vendors.

No BS. What most people fail to take into account regarding Internet leads are the several other variables involved.

Speed to lead is quite possibly one of the most important that several fail to fully grasp. The greater your speed to lead the less likely that lead will be to convert. Here we're talking a matter of minutes. If it's taking more than 2 minutes from lead generation to initiate you're first contact attempt that likelihood of that lead converting is already reduced by well over 50%. An agent can purchase thousands of leads but if an efficient system of contact is not in place, the cost of the leads may as well be money thrown away.

I signed up for InsuranceQuotes.com and within a week, ready to cancel. I share the same data with 5-6 other producers and it is truly lowest common denominators. Found them from an email ad from LifePro. They are a Bankrate.com company.

I am also buying leads from HomeTown Quotes. Good guys and higher quality leads. Still it is tough dealing with these cheapseats 'term' customers.

My ask, anybody figured out a way to make reasonable money with these prospective customers?

How many messages left on bogus machines before you move on. How many must you go through before you reach paydirt?

I have a feeling that this is a rep from hometown leads.

over 65 agents from my companys experienced the same thing with this company.

-Incentive driven
-Bogus info
-They whip out your leads that you paid for
-they only have 2 customer service reps that controls the filters...poor attitude
-they cancel your account if you ask too many questions and freeze your money.
-Recycle leads
-Duplicate leads
-After you request your credit your balance just keeps going down lower and lower and you never get your balance back!

*Call your credit card company and dispute all the charges. Fill a complain with BBB and report them to the State Insurance department both their home office state and the state that you purchased lead for.

DO NOT DO Business with them!

I appreciate the non-bias feedback. I feel like some ppl here are trolls working for some troll companies.

Bankrate owns Netquote, AgentInsider, and another company I forgot, but they now are called InsuranceQuotes.com a lot of bogus info but their return policy is great.

I still buy leads on top of everything else that I do because of the ZIP code picking.

I had terrible experience with QuoteWizard not because of the lead quality but they send A lead to 15 agents and they recycle their leads. 10 agents and I busted their system and the entire company got an email saying that DO NOT BUY leads from QuoteWizard.

I'll give Allwebleads another try since they are still independent.

STAY AWAY FROM HOMETOWNQUOTES.

Back