Anybody Use Postcards?

billyb

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
I have been contacted by a company that generates leads using postcards. They do all the work for a fee and the leads come from a landing page that the prospect uses to respond. I can see where this may work with Medicare because most seniors you are targeting has a computer. It may work for term insurance too. I do not think it will work with FE because most of these people are not ones who go online. Does anyone use this type of lead generation?

I doubt this has been done successfully (for insurance). I've heard of many cases where it failed miserably. I've personally sent postcards before (targeted list) on a smaller scale and didn't get one response.

Postcard marketing works best for dental offices and other local personal services companies. Some dude in Utah (Russ Jones?) claims his postcard system works for insurance but I've yet to hear from actual agents who are successful doing this.

All this and it's expensive to boot. You'd be better off cold calling from a targeted list in my opinion.

I used postcards for 30+ years to sell mortgage protection. I also placed postcards in the billing statements of 3 local newspapers for term life insurance.

I worked for Bank of America insurance agency. We put postcards for term life in the bank statements. The agency did $5 million of premium a year.

The rate of return is low - 1/2 to 1% so you need to work them diligently and with a good follow-up system.

I know tons of insurance is sold off those inserts but large companies are footing the bill, not Joe Average, Insurance Agent. BillyB is your typical single agent agency and for these types of agents, post cards are expensive and ineffective.

Billy my pal, go right ahead and give it a whirl though! Who knows, maybe you'll sell one or two and pay for the marketing.

I spoke to a company awhile ago, PostCardMania, for the purpose of sending postcards to businesses that met our target demographic and their sales rep discouraged us from doing so. They said that the conversion rate on B2B cards isn't what it used to be and for the price we would be better off doing an e-mail campaign to the same demographic with a targeted landing page.

I explained to the rep that we are all set in the digital marketing department, but I appreciated her honesty and not being out there to just take our money on something that probably wouldn't yield real results. PostCardMania was really helpful and they also put out a ton of good content on marketing across all different mediums that is worth reading.

If you are going to send out postcards to businesses or individuals I think the most important thing to have is a way to track results. This can be done through a unique phone number or web URL w/ a discount code. If you can't track this you will never be able to measure success. In addition I would recommend sending the cards for a period of at least 3-4 months and doing 3 mailings to the same group.

Hope this helps a bit.

-Marc @ QuotePie

Postcards do not work today. Straight to trash. Unless you do something to stand out ... Such as 11"x8" high quality color postcards for high ticket wealth planning seminars... that no one will miss, they will not work today.

Agreed. Do you (not you ltcadviser) respond to postcards?

No?

Well then neither do the people that you'd likely be targeting.

Buy them dinner or they're not buying from you.

Agreed. Do you (not you ltcadviser) respond to postcards?

No?

Well then neither do the people that you'd likely be targeting.

Buy them dinner or they're not buying from you.

I have to agree with you...there is this really successful real-estate agent in our area who sends out these massive high quality postcards (larger that 8.5x11. They must cost a fortune but my family looks at them on the kitchen counter for days. If you have the budget and can send something worth looking it and reading this could be the only way I see it making an impact.

Marc @ QuotePie

I have to agree with you...there is this really successful real-estate agent in our area who sends out these massive high quality postcards (larger that 8.5x11. They must cost a fortune but my family looks at them on the kitchen counter for days. If you have the budget and can send something worth looking it and reading this could be the only way I see it making an impact.

Marc @ QuotePie

I would love to see what it looks like

Latest posts

Back