Appointment Setting Business

If all I'm doing is calling and telling them that I am going to "be in their area on Thursday" and asking permission to "drop off valuable information" then I would expect to get at least 10 to 15 per hour or more.

I'll quit selling insurance and do nothing but that for $10 per "lead".

I consider it an appointment when they know I am coming to fill out an app and pick up a check.

...then maybe you're the one who should be getting paid $10 an hour, since picking up a check takes even LESS skill/effort than pounding the phones and setting weak "appointments" . If all you're doing is picking up a check, how do YOU justify your commissions? I'm sure most lead vendors would gladly quit selling leads and just process apps all day if that's all there is to it.

I have two telemarketers, both part time, and they each generate me 4-8 leads per 4 hour shift. They are not licensed, so they cannot ask any health related questions. These exclusive health leads are people that want me to call them back, with quotes. My average lead cost for the month of Dec was under $9.00 each.

Lovely, the lead pimp is calling me off mark? I make 1 to 2 leads an hour, what is a lead, someone who requests quotes for health or life insurance. Im not talking medicare appointments either. They are 20x better than the leads you are pimping bud...these people are atleast expecting me to call them back, not surprise them cause your lead dealer decided to just take the data details, give them to people, and say an "appointment" was set....As far as I am concerned, you have NO credibility here. I have never met one person who has stuck up for you or your leads...

If your claiming that you're calling folks cold and consistently getting 1-2 leads/hour of people who are interested in speaking with you on a favorable basis to discuss life insurance and have a good close ratio, then clearly you've got things figured out. My guess is your either working an easy market or what you're calling a lead is more of a window shopper than anything else, but that's just conjecture.

I don't like what happened with you and Mark, but now might be a good time to get over it. I know you don't believe it when I say this, but there really are agents and agencies who have made money working leads that Mark generated and there are some that haven't, but that's just the way business goes. Forgive me for asking such a silly question, but if you really generate leads so easily and they're of good quality, why do you even bother looking at lead companies? Frank doesn't believe in buying leads, but he puts his money where is mouth is and dials himself, why haven't you just been doing the same?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My good looks and charm.

I'll buy that!

Last edited:
I have two telemarketers, both part time, and they each generate me 4-8 leads per 4 hour shift. They are not licensed, so they cannot ask any health related questions. These exclusive health leads are people that want me to call them back, with quotes. My average lead cost for the month of Dec was under $9.00 each.

Do you pay them by the hour or by the lead?

I pay them by the hour. I dont want junk leads/appointments just to pad their pay. I do have a bonus set up that will reward them based on the amount/quality of leads/appointments.

I pay them by the hour. I dont want junk leads/appointments just to pad their pay. I do have a bonus set up that will reward them based on the amount/quality of leads/appointments.

Sits are tough to beat. If they are ready to sit ... usually they are tired of putting it off and are ready to buy I think.
They set an appointment time with the first call?
How far do you travel?
How much info. do you go over before the sit?
How do you stay DNC compliant?

Last edited:
Back