carlosinsgv

Has anyone tried Avatar leads for final expense coverage? They are about $7.50 a piece and the turn around is about 1 week after you pay to get the leads. I believe there is a minimum leads of 30 leads or $225 a week:cool:

Has anyone tried Avatar leads for final expense coverage? They are about $7.50 a piece and the turn around is about 1 week after you pay to get the leads. I believe there is a minimum leads of 30 leads or $225 a week:cool:

They are a very popular style of lead. Lot's of agents use them. You can even find them for less than that. Check with your upline if they have a discount program for them. But if not, $7.50 is still not bad. Just go for it.

Why dont you do a final expense video on when to expect business to fall off and at what rate? It seems to be a highly controversial topic where many people will tell you 95 percent of business is gold and gonna pay for ever. ( hoosierlife)( JD) while insurance carriers report about 60 percent of business into the next year on written apps ( including written apps that do not place)

Why dont you do a final expense video on when to expect business to fall off and at what rate? It seems to be a highly controversial topic where many people will tell you 95 percent of business is gold and gonna pay for ever. ( hoosierlife)( JD) while insurance carriers report about 60 percent of business into the next year on written apps ( including written apps that do not place)

It seems as though you split hairs and mince words alit when you're talking about Written applications versus placement versus persistency.

The problem with talking about applications and persistency when it comes to the company's numbers is the company is talking about every application comes through the door.

As an insurance agent our job in the field is to field underwrite and submit applications to the appropriate company knowing that it's going to get approved it's also our job to walk away from business that we know or think we know it's going to cancel.

Not sure if you get my point.

It seems as though you split hairs and mince words alit when you're talking about Written applications versus placement versus persistency. The problem with talking about applications and persistency when it comes to the company's numbers is the company is talking about every application comes through the door. As an insurance agent our job in the field is to field underwrite and submit applications to the appropriate company knowing that it's going to get approved it's also our job to walk away from business that we know or think we know it's going to cancel. Not sure if you get my point.
yeah i get your point... Getting approved still does not mean they will not cancel or make their payments....

True but I think that is where your numbers differ from JD or even myself.

We don't oversell, we walk if need be, we write thank you cards, we send the client to the right company.

I really think if you tweaked a few things and realized not all agents suck and lie, you might get a little help to change your sales and persistency.

I dunno.

----------

I shouldn't be speaking for JD, but.......

True but I think that is where your numbers differ from JD or even myself. We don't oversell, we walk if need be, we write thank you cards, we send the client to the right company. I really think if you tweaked a few things and realized not all agents suck and lie, you might get a little help to change your sales and persistency. I dunno. ---------- I shouldn't be speaking for JD, but.......
You posted a few months ago about how a third wont make it?? Should i find the forum and copy and paste? ----------
True but I think that is where your numbers differ from JD or even myself. We don't oversell, we walk if need be, we write thank you cards, we send the client to the right company. I really think if you tweaked a few things and realized not all agents suck and lie, you might get a little help to change your sales and persistency. I dunno. ---------- I shouldn't be speaking for JD, but.......
Persitancy and placing business seems to be a joke on this forum. Ticks me off there are literal celebrations at LH of one can get 60 percent of their written apps past 6 months.. They reward them with bonuses.

Last edited:
True but I was talking about a budget, budgets should be based on the lowest common denominator.

Survival when it comes to being an entrepreneur is based on a plan and a budget that is as failproof as you can make it.

Look I'm not trying to argue with you I do think the numbers you're using as being real numbers for yourself ate low meaning I believe they could be improved.

The problem I see is you pound your chest and tell everyone to show your 1099 that is technically irrelevant my 1099 is huge it doesn't show my persistency, my placement or my expenses for my car payment or my house payment or whatever. If all you care about is a person's 1099 then fine I'll show you my 1099 will you then actually listen to me or will you think I'm full of ****.

Again to each his own but I do think you can improve your numbers greatly.

----------

You posted a few months ago about how a third wont make it?? Should i find the forum and copy and paste? ---------- Persitancy and placing business seems to be a joke on this forum. Ticks me off there are literal celebrations at LH of one can get 60 percent of their written apps past 6 months.. They reward them with bonuses.

Again you're right, but you're also not looking at the full picture Lincoln heritage closes the hell out of there people slams them, beats them up and it's high-priced.

You posted a few months ago about how a third wont make it?? Should i find the forum and copy and paste? ---------- Persitancy and placing business seems to be a joke on this forum. Ticks me off there are literal celebrations at LH of one can get 60 percent of their written apps past 6 months.. They reward them with bonuses.

You do realize that LH policies are sitting ducks and most agents just consider them inventory? How could they have decent persistency when they are so easy to beat?

Back