Best phone sales script in the world

RayGroupInsurance

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Utah
I have a new employee that just asked me for a script to use when following up on internet leads. We sell mostly home and auto insurance and I would appreciate any scripts you use. If you have one that works for you please post it here or PM me.

I have a new employee that just asked me for a script to use when following up on internet leads. We sell mostly home and auto insurance and I would appreciate any scripts you use. If you have one that works for you please post it here or PM me.

The best script is more of an intro than a script. You have to keep it simple and conversational and that means you need to be asking questions more than just reciting a script. You also need to be assuming the sale the whole way. It starts something like this:

"Bob, this is Bill with ABC Insurance. I'm working up your auto insurance quote right now and I've got a few questions. You gotta minute?"

Assuming the answer is yes (said confidentally the answer will almost always be yes), you then go into the questions, one at a time, drawing information along the way which in turn leads to more questions.

The most important thing is to get the prospect talking and engaged in a conversation. Keep it professional. No need to get any more personal than necessary. Most importantly, don't ever sound salesy. Being polite is a good thing but skip the "sir's" and the "Ma'ams" and don't repeatedly call the prospect by their name. Salesman do this. Say their name once at the beginning and that's it.

Michael Levy
Chairman and Founder
MostChoice.com, Inc.
Free Insurance Quotes. Compare Health Insurance, Life Insurance, and Annuity Rates.
mostchoice_box_smllos.gif

Hello this is Joel with ABC Ins and I am responding to your Internet request in regards to auto insurance. We are a full service brokerage and the companies pay our fee. Our service to you is free. What is your current situation and how may I help you? ( now is the time to listen and take notes)

I would suggest never mentioning a fee up front, no matter who pays it. This is probably a regional thing, but to me, it makes someone think they are going to pay more through you than if they go somewhere else.

I perhaps would mention this later on, since if I'm competing against some carriers that have brokerage fees, most people don't add this to their premium in the comparison. When I mention this is at the time of the price quote.

I know this is probably a regional thing, so you would have to know what hits your prospects the best.

Dan

Our service to you is free.

I would suggest never mentioning a fee up front, no matter who pays it.

I wouldn't suggest it either, it's dumb.

Nothing is free. The commission they pay is included in the premium. Your service may be at no additional cost, but it's not free.

In addition, it saps value from your proposition - who wants to work with someone who works for free?

Finally, saying "our service to you is free" will leave better quality, savvy prospects suspicious, as they should be.

The best script is more of an intro than a script. You have to keep it simple and conversational and that means you need to be asking questions more than just reciting a script.

Totally agree, one never learns anything while talking.

"Bob, this is Bill with ABC Insurance.

This is the only thing I disagree with.

Almost every telemarketer who calls me usually starts with "Hey Frank, this is Jason, how are you doing?"

If I don't know you, you better call me Mr. Stastny if you are going to try to sell me something. No, it's not an ego thing, it is how I determine if I want to talk to them.

The most important thing is to get the prospect talking and engaged in a conversation. Keep it professional. No need to get any more personal than necessary. Most importantly, don't ever sound salesy. Being polite is a good thing but skip the "sir's" and the "Ma'ams" and don't repeatedly call the prospect by their name. Salesman do this. Say their name once at the beginning and that's it.

Spot on!

The thing I don't like about this (which is common in many approaches) is that you're telling too much, instead of selling by engaging the consumer. By the time you get to a question, the client could be losing interest or feel it resembles a cold call type of situation.

You have to engage them swiftly and with precision.

Hi this is Rob Liano, I've been assigned to be the agent for your health insurance, what made you decide to go online for it?

This engages the client and they have to respond with an answer, then you continue on with your needs analysis/presentation.

Hello this is Joel with ABC Ins and I am responding to your Internet request in regards to auto insurance. We are a full service brokerage and the companies pay our fee. Our service to you is free. What is your current situation and how may I help you? ( now is the time to listen and take notes)

This is the only thing I disagree with.

Almost every telemarketer who calls me usually starts with "Hey Frank, this is Jason, how are you doing?"

If I don't know you, you better call me Mr. Stastny if you are going to try to sell me something. No, it's not an ego thing, it is how I determine if I want to talk to them.

I agree. Change that to:

Mr. Jones, this is Bill with ABC Insurance.

You can't win 100% of the time either way on this. Many (especially mid-30's), will shut down on you if you use Mr. in a sentence.

You have to be sensitive to the market you are calling and understand that market.

Dan

Prospect, this is Jane Agent. I specialize in helping folks get the best value in auto/homeowners insurance. I see that you went online...what's got you shopping for auto/homeowner's insurance?

Then shut up and listen.

Latest posts

Back