Calling Aged Life Leads

scotte

Guru
100+ Post Club
For anyone who calls aged life leads. If you have 1,000 aged leads and you are going to call 4 times thru the list.
Do you call the whole list week 1, recall whole list week 2 ect.
OR
break the list into 250 names and call the same 250 everyday of that week?

Scott,
You need to be calling over 500 per day to give yourself a real chance with aged life insurance leads. That's about 3 hours on the dialer.

I sold aged leads full time for over a year and currently help other agents sell aged life insurance leads over the phone. The agents who consistently dial over 500 leads a day see a good ROI, the others who don't make at least 500 calls a day fail and never buy a list again because "aged leads don't work"...In reality, the agent just doesn't work.

For starters, 1,000 aged leads isn't enough anymore. It used to be, but the market is more saturated now. I recommend agents buy 2,000 aged leads at a time (Shouldn't cost you more than $700 for 2,000 leads, if it does, PM me) and you'll never have to worry about calling your list too many times in a week.

In your situation with 1,000 leads, just call the list - it's ok to call an aged a couple times a week.

Thanks Jroot for info.

Would you suggest calling mostly evenings 5pm to 8pm mostly or does daytime work too?

Scott,

My $.02, get with Jeff if you're gonna go the aged leads route- he's the man.

Thanks Jroot for info.

Would you suggest calling mostly evenings 5pm to 8pm mostly or does daytime work too?

Calling during the day works also. Try to hit your list at different times if you can.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Scott,

My $.02, get with Jeff if you're gonna go the aged leads route- he's the man.

Thanks Shep....................

Last edited:
Scott,
You need to be calling over 500 per day to give yourself a real chance with aged life insurance leads. That's about 3 hours on the dialer.

I sold aged leads full time for over a year and currently help other agents sell aged life insurance leads over the phone. The agents who consistently dial over 500 leads a day see a good ROI, the others who don't make at least 500 calls a day fail and never buy a list again because "aged leads don't work"...In reality, the agent just doesn't work.

For starters, 1,000 aged leads isn't enough anymore. It used to be, but the market is more saturated now. I recommend agents buy 2,000 aged leads at a time (Shouldn't cost you more than $700 for 2,000 leads, if it does, PM me) and you'll never have to worry about calling your list too many times in a week.

In your situation with 1,000 leads, just call the list - it's ok to call an aged a couple times a week.

In your opinion where is the best place to obtain aged leads?

Anyone but me have a moral/integrity problem with those selling aged leads?

I had a consumer call me today with the district attorney of his state [CA] on the phone. It appears he submitted his daughters info with his email & phone number just over TWO years ago for auto insurance. Today he received over 15 calls trying to sell him auto insurance and he was LIT UP! He was not a happy camper to be inundated with calls about something he submitted two years ago to help his daughter out. Can you blame him?

The district attorney was very interested on what was going on in the lead industry & how it was hurting consumers. He had a ton of questions. I encouraged him to get on the war path & do something about those that are abusing the system like this.

Long story short: We bought the lead as an Exclusive lead from a vendor. After my QC team worked through about 100 of them today we determined they had bought Aged Leads & just submitted them as "fresh" along with other leads they sold us!

Needless to say that led to a very interesting conversation & we no longer do business with them.

So raise your hand if you think the consumer signed up for continuous selling of their information as "Aged" so they could be marketed to over & over again!

How many of you that Buy & Sell Aged leads would fill out a form for Insurance on the web site of Any company that sold your Personal data over & over again?

IMHO, Aged Leads & the re-worked, re-warmed, re-freshed, out right FRAUD leads are the bane of the Insurance Lead business. I will not support it in any way & am doing my best to help end it.

Rant off:idea:

I'm going to start another thread about this specific point, but I think the axe is going to drop on these shared leads.

Here is the problem:

-Consumer goes online and fills out a form, giving permission to contact
-Consumer tells the first agent to call, "thank you for your help, please don't call me again"
-None of the other agents should have the right to contact that person anymore without risking a DNC violation

It's unclear to me why that hasn't been more of a problem yet, perhaps because they're still busy trying to clean up this mess, but I don't think shared internet leads are sustainable. Eventually someone is going to have force them to have a single opt-out process so that when they tell one agent not to call anymore, all of them have to stop calling.

That's a big problem.

Anyone but me have a moral/integrity problem with those selling aged leads?

How many of you that Buy & Sell Aged leads would fill out a form for Insurance on the web site of Any company that sold your Personal data over & over again?

IMHO, Aged Leads & the re-worked, re-warmed, re-freshed, out right FRAUD leads are the bane of the Insurance Lead business. I will not support it in any way & am doing my best to help end it.

Rant off:idea:

Bob,

As agents we don't have much choice with the crappy quality of leads that lead vendors are selling us. We wouldn't even think about aged leads if we could buy real time at a decent ROI.

5 years ago I could buy real time exclusive leads from most lead vendors and make a great living. What happened to those days? I know the lead companies have it in them to produce quality leads...I experienced them myself.

If real time lead vendors stepped up their game, there wouldn't be a market for aged leads.

In my opinion and in a perfect world for agents and consumers, every lead would be exclusive, but it's not that way. Us independent agents have to fight against the big budgets and technology of call centers. For many agents, the solution is aged leads less than 90 days old because the ROI is higher than real-time leads with less risk.

You may not agree with aged leads being sold and I respect your opinion- but you're not the one trying to make a living off these real-time leads. IMHO, instead of doing everything you can stop aged leads, why not do everything you can to support quality real-time leads. Crappy real-time leads are the bane of the internet lead business.

Bob,

As agents we don't have much choice with the crappy quality of leads that lead vendors are selling us. We wouldn't even think about aged leads if we could buy real time at a decent ROI.

5 years ago I could buy real time exclusive leads from most lead vendors and make a great living. What happened to those days? I know the lead companies have it in them to produce quality leads...I experienced them myself.

If real time lead vendors stepped up their game, there wouldn't be a market for aged leads.

In my opinion and in a perfect world for agents and consumers, every lead would be exclusive, but it's not that way. Us independent agents have to fight against the big budgets and technology of call centers. For many agents, the solution is aged leads less than 90 days old because the ROI is higher than real-time leads with less risk.

You may not agree with aged leads being sold and I respect your opinion- but you're not the one trying to make a living off these real-time leads. IMHO, instead of doing everything you can stop aged leads, why not do everything you can to support quality real-time leads. Crappy real-time leads are the bane of the internet lead business.

Right on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back