Charlotte BBB Warning About a FE Mailer

Here is a perfect example of what was probably the same type of lead card, and the confusion that consumers have from it.

http://www.insurance-forums.net/for...ht-free-goverment-deal-t73786.html#post978795

And it's not just the BBB that has issued warnings about these. State regulators, AGs, advocacy groups, etc. have issued warnings about these types of mailers many times. Some of the warnings are valid... some not so much... any way you go about it the mailers are misleading and do not follow NAIC advertising guidelines. Agents that use them are only giving our industry even more of a black eye.

Here is a perfect example of what was probably the same type of lead card, and the confusion that consumers have from it.

http://www.insurance-forums.net/for...ht-free-goverment-deal-t73786.html#post978795

And it's not just the BBB that has issued warnings about these. State regulators, AGs, advocacy groups, etc. have issued warnings about these types of mailers many times. Some of the warnings are valid... some not so much... any way you go about it the mailers are misleading and do not follow NAIC advertising guidelines. Agents that use them are only giving our industry even more of a black eye.

I would guess that the lead card said the same thing on it as the ones I use;

"Not Affiliiated With Any Government Agency".

I don't know, or care, what the NAIC thinks about it.

I would guess that the lead card said the same thing on it as the ones I use;

"Not Affiliiated With Any Government Agency".

I don't know, or care, what the NAIC thinks about it.

And that fine print makes up for the large print that is clearly deceiving?? Sure....

Half the people you send those cards to cant even read print that small!!

You might not care what the NAIC thinks, but your state DOI sure does. Especially since they base their regulations off of the NAIC model regs...

And most agents with an ounce of ethics look down on deceiving marketing practices. You might not care, but it gives the industry a black eye... but who cares if the agent sending the misleading cards is making money??? Right? Why bother about ethics? :no:

I wouldnt sleep at night if I made my living off of marketing like that.

And that fine print makes up for the large print that is clearly deceiving?? Sure....

Half the people you send those cards to cant even read print that small!!

You might not care what the NAIC thinks, but your state DOI sure does. Especially since they base their regulations off of the NAIC model regs...

And most agents with an ounce of ethics look down on deceiving marketing practices. You might not care, but it gives the industry a black eye... but who cares if the agent sending the misleading cards is making money??? Right? Why bother about ethics? :no:

I wouldnt sleep at night if I made my living off of marketing like that.

Well good for you. You can come down from the mountaintop and lecture us on the evils of selling life insurance.

What gives the industry a bad name is pompous agents that think they are better than everyone else.

I couldn't sleep at night if I was one of those and I sleep very well. I may not have my sheet turned down by my servants but I can get by without all that.

Who the hell are you to talk about ethics? Or to question someone's ethics? Feel self righteous much?

Well good for you. You can come down from the mountaintop and lecture us on the evils of selling life insurance.

What gives the industry a bad name is pompous agents that think they are better than everyone else.

I couldn't sleep at night if I was one of those and I sleep very well. I may not have my sheet turned down by my servants but I can get by without all that.

Who the hell are you to talk about ethics? Or to question someone's ethics? Feel self righteous much?

When compared to agents that use misleading marketing materials yes I do.

If you sleep at night after using misleading sales tactics that says a whole lot about your moral character.

Personally, I make a decent enough living without using shady marketing materials. And I do my own laundry, clean my own 2Ksqft house, mow my own grass, drive a used car, and turn my own sheets down at night.

Marketing materials like you just claimed you use do nothing but give this industry a black eye.

Life Insurance can be sold without deceiving sales practices. It happens every day. Iv sold life insurance my whole career without the need for misleading marketing material. Selling life insurance is a good thing... doing so with deceiving marketing is something totally different.

Obviously I hit a nerve. If you felt that your marketing was ethical you would not feel the need for petty personal attacks. Your response says more about you than I ever could.

Sleep well.

Last edited:
Back