Charlotte BBB Warning About a FE Mailer

Marketers Use Trickery To Evade No-Call Lists - WSJ

The technique is prompting legal action from states across the country. Because the loophole itself violates no law in most states, prosecutors are focusing their cases on other lead-card deceptions. The cards often falsely imply an affiliation with the federal government or with advocacy groups such as AARP, for instance. Many of the cards also fail to mention that replies will be turned over to insurance salespeople.

Attorneys general in Illinois, Pennsylvania and Texas have taken legal actions against a total of seven lead generators, charging them with falsely suggesting endorsements by the government or AARP. Regulators in about 20 states have opened fraud investigations into lead generators, according to a court filing by the Texas attorney general's office in one of the cases.

Southwest Florida Online - Sunday Morning News: Scam Alert - National Reply Center

National Reply Center of Indianapolis has received an F rating from the Indianapolis Better Business Bureau on October 20, 2011. The BBB says the company failed to respond to a complaint about it's advertising and sales techniques.

State insurance regulators have ordered the company to cease and desist including the state of Wisconsin who ordered them to cease and desist from sending direct mail advertisements to Medicare beneficiaries in Wisconsin until "the advertisement is filed with the Commissioner" and to "reply promptly and provide all information requested to inquiries." This action was based on allegations of using Medicare insurance advertising not in compliance with the law.

----------

I'll bet he voted for Obama. You've got to save people from themselves you know..

Of the two, JD or Scagent. I know I bet voted for the Democrat. :1confused:

You guys must not have ever read the political section when it was on here... if so you would know that the last 2 pres candidates I voted for lost... and in the primaries I have voted Ron Paul every time I could

Morals and ethics aside. Legally we operate in a Caveat Venditor world, not Caveat Emptor.

Right, wrong, or otherwise, that is the law.

Personally, I am a big advocate for natural selection and free markets. Professionally, I am a big advocate for staying out of legal trouble... along with trying to put a good face on an industry that is filled with black eyes :yes:

Of the two, JD or Scagent. I know I bet voted for the Democrat. :1confused:

I would guess JD voted Democrat.

I personally don't like any of them. I put em all in the same group with doctors. (A select few will get that). :-)

----------

along with trying to put a good face on an industry that is filled with black eyes :yes:

Mighty noble of you. It's a shame 70% of Americans won't know the difference either way.

Exactly. And if they say they thought it was free from the government, JD leaves with no presentation.

If I wasn't a life agent, JD would be my agent and I would refer him to everybody I know.

I wonder why he gets so many referrals with his so-called "non ethical" approach??? Lol

If I weren't an agent none of you would be my agent. So what's your point smoking goose? That you like this JD guy?

----------

I'll bet he voted for Obama. You've got to save people from themselves you know..

Are you seriously like this? Or are you just trolling? I feel like I'm watching Fox News right now. "Next at 10 how Obama is responsible for insurance agents believing that direct mailers are deceiving and misleading."

----------

What's funnier is that he voted for Ron Paul. Sca I understand what your saying. Keep being ethical. Some of these guys would send a mailer like that because the people are lower income but they wouldn't send a mailer as ambiguous as that to their top or "higher income" prospects.

Well...you guys gave me some pretty good reading...Thanks.

Tyler,

Talking about deceiving the public and then saying 70% of them are too 'whatever' you said...AND then laying the onus on JD for giving Insurance Agents a bad name?? Really?:no:

As for the back and forth about the lead card...I could care less. There are much more deceptive practices being perpetrated daily on the American consumer. If getting someone insurance is a bad thing...then put the cuffs on me.

I'm personally not a fan of the terms "State Approved", "State Regulated", "New", "Program", "Field Underwriter" and many, many more. I believe they can be misleading but I would never question the ethics of JD or any other agent utilizing these lead cards that help place families in a better financial position by taking care of their final expenses.

Back