CIS Marketing

g-squared

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Got the e-mail below in my in-box today.

Has anyone purchased any of these lists and what type of success or failure have you had? Just looking for some feedback.

I ran some numbers and even if you did 0.25% closing ratio on 5000 names, that's still 12 pieces of business for a $350 investment. I'm pretty sure I could average at least $500 in FYC on each policy. That would be $6000 in FYC on the front end.

Looking forward to your thoughts....

SPECIAL MAILING/TELEMARKETING LIST SALE!

Here’s all you need to know…
81% of investors are open to second opinions or to changing their financial advisors.
The Wall Street Journal

Here’s how to reach today’s best prospects…
CIS’s Special Summer Sale on four powerful mailing/telemarketing lists!
Home Telephone numbers are provided with all names.
All names have been scrubbed against state and federal “do not call” lists.

1. “Senior Wealth Preservation Prospects”
High net worth heads-of-households at their home address.

2. “Senior Annuity Prospects”
The industry’s best annuity prospect list. A custom compilation of seniors modeled on the financial, demographic and psychographic characteristics of actual annuity buyers. Not available elsewhere.

3. “Senior Female Heads-of-Households”
Unmarried female seniors. Perfect prospects for financial/estate planning, final expense insurance, long-term care insurance, fixed income securities and annuities.

4. “Pre-Retirement Prospects”
A merged database of executives and higher income decision makers between 50 and 65 years of age, living in single family dwelling units and condos.
Perfect for rollovers, retirement/estate planning, stocks, bonds, mutual funds, long-term care insurance, second-to-die life, and annuities.

All names are selectable by: ►Exact Age, Estimated Household Income.
Investable Assets and Type of Dwelling Unit Occupied.

The Right Markets For Today’s Environment
Daytime Prospecting Opportunities – Multiple Sales Opportunities

Geographic Selection: All names can be ordered by County, SCF (the first 3-digits of a zip code) or by specific 5-digit zip codes.
Minimum Order: Only 1,000 Names
Cost:SPECIAL DISCOUNTED PRICES
1,000-1,999 names – 10¢ per name 2,000-4,999 names - 8¢ per name 5,000+names - 7¢ per name

For complete information, and counts in your local marketing area.
Call 1-800-547-5478 ext. 200 today!

Buy with confidence. CIS is the country’s premier provider of targeted prospect lists to the financial services industry, having processed more than 620,000 orders over the past three decades.

Visit us on the web at www.cismarketing.com to view all our marketing programs.

P.S. If you choose not to receive our special e-mail discounted prospecting offers CLICK HERE or contact us at [email protected].

CIS is a good company. Not all of their lists are as highly targeted as their names imply. IE: A 'pre retirement list' may not be anything more than InfoUSA names with age selection 55-65, which could be gotten cheaper elsewhere.
I would steer away from their 'demographic' lists and look for some that say they have some proprietary data source they broker. In those, there may be more value. Use them for specialty data, but not general data.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Btw, just noticed you're also in IL. Greetings! ;)

Last edited:
My offer may vary depending on the type of list I purchase. Let's say I did the senior annuity prospects. I might call them with the idea of talking to investors who are unhappy with their CD rates, set an appointment to go see them. Once I am in front of them, I do a fact-finder to get a snapshot of their financial situation and what goals are important to them. Then, depending on what they have told me, I will make recommendations on strategies or products as appropriate.

I am figuring that if I have a targeted list of 5,000 names, I should be able to set 50 appointments from that list (1%). If I set 50 appointments, I should be able to find at least 12 situations where someone is in need of the products and services I provide, whether that be life insurance or annuities.

My offer may vary depending on the type of list I purchase.

Marketing-wise, you've got it backwards, you're putting tactics before strategy. First, decide on the offer (strategy) - then purchase a list targeted to it (tactics). You'll get much better results.

Secondly, your expected result, is it based on any empirical data? It sounds like you're just swagging something that sounds good (basically a guess) out of the air...

I have used them, got about a 2.1% response on the Tax Card. Never sold anything off of them. I have used ARM on the same card with much better success. I'm not sure why, the CIS product is a better looking piece, but for some reason, in my demo, ARM seems to work better.

Marketing-wise, you've got it backwards, you're putting tactics before strategy. First, decide on the offer (strategy) - then purchase a list targeted to it (tactics). You'll get much better results.

Secondly, your expected result, is it based on any empirical data? It sounds like you're just swagging something that sounds good (basically a guess) out of the air...

My expected result is based on the tens of thousands of cold calls I have made over the last six years in this business. When calling a totally cold list, which is what these leads are even though they are targeted demographically, I generally can reach 1 out of every 10 people on the list and set appointments with 1 out of every 10 people I reach. Of the thousands of opening appointments I have set, I pretty much have averaged a 3-2-1 ratio -- 3 set appointments = 2 appointments that actually run = 1 client to whom I eventually sell something to.

Of course I would expect better numbers with a targeted list of people who more likely may be interested in my offer, but I believe in the underpromise and over-deliver theory of calculating ROI. That way I am pleasantly surprised if my numbers are better than I expected.

That said, attached is the cold calling script I would use if I were to call, for example the Senior Annuity Prospects list described above. Your thoughts?

Attachments

• CD cold calling script.doc
    26.5 KB · Views: 44
Back